Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I wondering where's the best place to get hatching eggs?
The best place is your own coop..
big_smile.png
...as you can monitor fertility and you know the health of the birds... oh and easy, secure transport.

The second best place is from a know reputable keeper within driving distance.....again for known health and secure transport.

After those it can be a crap shoot as shipping eggs is risky...unless you go with a reputable breeder who knows how to pack eggs for shipment, still at risk the from transporter tho.

I sell hatching eggs!
I have sold several dozen over the last 2 weeks and sold through about 40 chick in the last 3 months.

I have cochin bantams...
Mostly millie/calicos
Mottleds
Solids
Barred
Chocolate
Splash
And partridge.
Smooth and frizzled fix

Anyone have a non-pdf link on *why* brooding ducklings in the house without heat is bad?? I know why but my sister insists she don't need it for the babies she picked up earlier this week from tsc. Her bf family is telling her this likely. Just because you can do a thing don't mean u should. I feel it is abusive and i can't believe it is my own sister. Anyway i can't find proof of the harm done by this, just millions of articles stating the 90 degrees needed.
Help?????????????
Sorry. You can't cure stupid

I've thought about letting my chickens free range but have decided against it, as I don't want them clogging up my email with all their pictures.

Last edited:
Greetings! This weekend chicken math struck bigtime here. First, I moved two Ameracauna hens on to Jackie, then I did the spring chicken house cleaning, (UGH!) then have nine green eggs under a new broody hen, and THEN ordered 25 chicks from Cackle! White Chanteclers and Speckled Sussex. Love them both, and will have chicks for chickenstock. Crazy, right? Anyone need two year old Welsummer hens? EEs? Mary

Back
Top Bottom