Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi All,
My name is Karen and I figured I reintroduce myself since I haven't been on BYC in a while. I'm married and live in southeast MI with my husband and four kids. Raising chickens is my "therapy":) I'm enjoying getting back into reading the forums and realized I've missed a lot! I've been busy raising some bantam ameraucanas that are ready for their new homes......so if anyone is interested in some, let me know:) Glad to be back!

I have only used them for cooking but you could have them scrambled.   you crack them open(of course) scramble slightly add 1/8 tsp salt OR sugar for 2 eggs. I do 2 eggs per cup and I freeze in small Glad dishes. pop them out after frozen and keep frozen in a freezer bag.
I would like to see the ice cube tray, it doesn't seem large enough for a whole egg.

I will tell you from experience that a single duck egg does not fit in one cube cell. I was putting the yolk in one, the white in another. I do not like plastic at all, at last the brand I got. Silicone on the list.

I will tell you from experience that a single duck egg does not fit in one cube cell. I was putting the yolk in one, the white in another. I do not like plastic at all, at last the brand I got. Silicone on the list.

I like the look of the round ice maker but I bet it is to small also. although on their web site they had some x-large cubes. wish there was a store were you could go look at them
Yesterday sure was a busy day. I agreed to built a 6x8 coop for some people, who when they saw my egg sign, stopped to ask advice about raising chickens. So the day was spent chasing material. I sure miss the day when I could call the local lumber yard and they would have my order ready when I got there. Now in this big box era you spend your time cruising the aisles to find and load what you need onto cart.

$650 later I had almost everything I need so today I will get started building. I'm going to panelize it so that it can be taken apart and easily transported and reassembled at there location.

To true. about the big box store. sounds like a nice coop
Hi All,
My name is Karen and I figured I reintroduce myself since I haven't been on BYC in a while. I'm married and live in southeast MI with my husband and four kids. Raising chickens is my "therapy":) I'm enjoying getting back into reading the forums and realized I've missed a lot! I've been busy raising some bantam ameraucanas that are ready for their new homes......so if anyone is interested in some, let me know:) Glad to be back!
Hi, Karen, I remember your dogs
wink.png

Also: My pro tip for the day: If you are wearing cutoff shorts, roll the hems up. Otherwise, one of your silly chickens will grab a thread and pull it out of your shorts, and then you will be obliged to chase said hen until you can restrain her, take what she thinks is a tasty treat from her beak, and scare the living daylights out of her.
lau.gif

Meijer has those ice ball things. (At least ours does). They look pretty big but are individual so you'd only be able to do one eggs at a time I think.

Yes this! Or maybe take pics as you go along and do a build thread?

I second that Opa, your threads on building a smoker and on roll-out boxes are classics.

I LOVE walking around in the big building centers. What I hate is how much I spend when I do.

Hi All,

Welcome back, Karen
smile.png

Last night our Boxer Titus coughed all night. My son thought it was from getting into the garbage and pork chop bones. So this morning we called the vet. After looking at him they think he has kennel cough. He hasn't been vaccinated but he also hasn't left our property so we weren't too worried. Too late now! Poor guy.
Then I had 24 eggs in lockdown due to hatch today so I could watch them when I got home from work. Well I came home to 19 chicks and two pips so I missed most of it. I started with 30 eggs so I'm happy with the hatch.
Tonight I am baking 10 cakes to be decorated tomorrow for my BIL's b day party. An "over the hill but still up to par" golf cake and this fun one....

Only 2 more to bake before bed!

Back
Top Bottom