Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi,
I am a new member here, and am looking for a good source of feed for pre-laying pullets near lansing, Mi. I have done a lot of searches on this forum without much luck. I am paying way too much currently, so if anyone in the area can help it would be appreciated. I am looking for 25 to 50 pound sacks, as currently the largest size I can find locally is 10#. I won't mention how much I am paying per pound, but it's double what I see most members here are paying. Help if you can : )

Hi,
 I am a new member here, and am looking for a good source of feed for pre-laying pullets near lansing, Mi. I have done a lot of searches on this forum without much luck. I am paying way too much currently, so if anyone in the area can help it would be appreciated. I am looking for 25 to 50 pound sacks, as currently the largest size I can find locally is 10#. I won't mention how much I am paying per pound, but it's double what I see most members here are paying. Help if you can : )

I get feed from Family Farm and Home or Tractor Supply. I know of an Amish Feed Store in Mio, but thats really far from you. I am sure someone closer will be chiming in today :)
Welcome to BYC!

Hi,
What kind of feed do you want? Where near Lansing might help locate the closest.
I would think that there's a Tractor Supply(2) or Family Farm and Home(3) store near you.

Hi,
We live near Lansing and buy from Tractor Supply or Family Farm and Home. Tractor Supply has 40 to 50 pound bags of Dumor, Nutrena, and Purina. Plus they sell a 40 lb bag of organic but it's pretty expensive.

If you can get to Geyer Auction just east of Williamston they have 50 lb bags of feed for pretty cheap.

So, if whatever you are looking for, those places have the big bags at varying prices and from who knows what is in the feed to pure organic.

Thank you all for your replies, I knew there had to be some places nearby to buy larger quantities. I have been buying small bags at Soldans, but they have been out of stock or too high priced on the sizes over 5 and 10 pounds. I will surely be able to get some larger sizes this weekend. I did not realize TSC sold feed, but since I have never been there I wouldn't have known. It looks like I have quite a few options besides going too far away. I previously lived in Ohio, and never had a problem finding the larger bags there. Thanks again.

And I'm most curious about this blue one...

they looked like hens to me.
We were just talking about roosters on the Arkansas Blue thread - have yet to see a bad tempered boy. Some breeds do seem to be more likely to be aggressive (RIR's roos for example), but but in most breeds rooster behavior seems to be quite individual. Personally I will not tolerate a bad temper rooster for even a moment.
my ameracana and chantecler are both gentle, have had some sweet EE. too, I agree it is for the most, good luck. if they become mean. they end up in the freezer

forgot someone asked about processing in Newaygo, there are Amish up there than that do chickens rather cheap.

welcome-byc.gif
to all the new folks, this is a good place to be

Back
Top Bottom