Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

North Muskegon FF&H is "over run" with chicks of just about any breed you want.

Who's tapping?  A month early and I'm already running out of storage.  Have to start boiling next week.

Sparta FF&H have some chicks and duckings that are a few weeks old, and they are getting a fresh batch of chicks this Tuesday.

I wanted to tap this year, but we are in the process of getting our place ready to sell, so I am too busy to tap. Super bummed about that. :(

Taps are in here.
Motorcycle battery is on the charger.
Moving firewood that I haven't used yet.
All while enduring the start of muddy paw season. 55' and sunny here.

It's strangely quiet here. No rooster's crow greeting the dawn. No hen cackling to announce her accomplishment. After years of having chickens, now not having them is quite a transition. Remembering to buy eggs at the grocery was another task to be relearned. While getting rid of the birds was a necessary phase of my life, I think that until I've removed the chicken coops and all vestiges of the flock; I will sometimes find myself wanting to go out and check on the birds.

Last edited:
Sparta FF&H have some chicks and duckings that are a few weeks old, and they are getting a fresh batch of chicks this Tuesday.

I wanted to tap this year, but we are in the process of getting our place ready to sell, so I am too busy to tap. Super bummed about that.
sad.png
Are you selling the farm in Sparta (where I visited)? Where are you going?

Last edited:
Are you selling the farm in Sparta (where I visited)? Where are you going?
X2?

hugs.gif
Opa wish I could send some eggs your way

Back to reality in the tapping department, I left Lansing early afternoon - 53 and sunny. Gaylord - 32 and mostly cloudy. Crossed the Bridge - 19 and snowing. Not quite spring up here in the UP.

Good luck Mindy!

Opa , so sorry, you had to re-home your flock, I think seeing them run around the yard is one of the things I enjoy the most.

farmerboy, good luck with your move, hope it isn't to far away

1muttsfan, were you in Lansing for the horse auction? DH went with some friends. They came home empty handed, He said it was a lot of fun though

good luck to those of you getting chicks now, they may lay by summer but it is a pain to have them in the house

Are you selling the farm in Sparta (where I visited)?  Where are you going?

Yes, we are selling our 5 acre farm in hope to buy a 31 1/2 acre farm in Hesperia. It's almost an hour north from here. We are waiting to hear if they will accept our offer. Praying praying that they will accept it! It will be a big change for all of us! We hope to put our farm on the market by mid March. Anyone interested in a 7 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath house on 5 quiet acres? House was built in 2001 after we lost the original house in a fire in 2000. Nice quiet neighbors... Close to town, but very private. We have been living here for 23 years. Two large pole barns and a large 16x16 CHICKEN COOP!!!! :D

Looking to buy My First Framing Nailer
2122.png
, and would like some input from anyone who knows more than I.

Round or clipped head nails? I'm looking to get a porter cable one to match the rest of the tools. Is there a certain degree that's better than another? I'm planning to build a shed, a larger coop, and a goat barn. I will also likely use it around the house for repairs as we shore up floors and sister in joists and all that. I may find myself building a deck in the future as well.

Back
Top Bottom