Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Something is getting into my garden! What would do this damage Whatever it is keeps eating the leaves off my squash plants too, they're almost all gone :(!

Deer

we had a bunch of them all over the place here until we finally mowed down the grass, weeds and clover down.  One tagged Miss Belle on the paw friday and then Sunday one of them tagged me right on the achillies on my left.  Great big horny toads that smarts!!!  

Sure they weren't wasps or hornets that stung you? Bees are usually quite docile.

Last edited:
Roost is pretty narrow...2x4 wide side up is what I use.
Even if birds are little yet, and play on narrow roosts,
something wider to sleep on will feel more stable and comfy.

Tomorrow we'll try a 2x4 instead. We've got to finish putting up the electric wire around the duck yard today.
My roosts are tree limbs or saplings, 2" to 4" diameter, bark on.

We'll try adding a tree limb roost and see if they like that. I put a log from a tree we cut down into their run and they seem to like playing on that pretty well during the day.
Sure they weren't wasps or hornets that stung you? Bees are usually quite docile.

Sounds like yellow jackets; they're so aggressive and make huge below-ground nests. I got hit by one on the back of my calf last summer that hurt like the dickens for a full 24 hours.

The ground hornets are miserable! Locate the opening to the nest, and then after dark, go out and use the product of your choice to wipe them out! LOTS of product, the nests can be very large. They will swarm and can kill! Mary

The ground hornets are miserable! Locate the opening to the nest, and then after dark, go out and use the product of your choice to wipe them out! LOTS of product, the nests can be very large. They will swarm and can kill! Mary
Yep!!
I found 4-5 gals of very hot, very soapy water does the trick.....I find before dawn is the best time, it's coolest then and I get up early anyway.
Unless you get one on a slope with multiple entrances like I did last year....had to resort to chemical soaked paper towels stuffed into entrances.

This morning at work, my boss came up to me and said that he had seen a chicken wandering around my truck and roosting on the back axle of the truck. I had gone to work at 3:40 this am, and at that night the chicken had decided to roost on the axle of my truck, so I unknowingly drove the hitchhiker to work. Everyone at work had a good laugh at that. I managed to catch the hitchhiker and brought her back home. Hopefully her hitchhiking days are over. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom