Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I had heard that ducks quit laying during wintertime. But we are getting one egg a day from our ducks (4 girls & 1 drake) - that has been the same rate since sept. Maybe it's the breed that lays thru winter or they just don't know any better .
I don't know if it's the same one laying, or if they take turns ???

I had heard that ducks quit laying during wintertime. But we are getting one egg a day from our ducks (4 girls & 1 drake) - that has been the same rate since sept. Maybe it's the breed that lays thru winter or they just don't know any better .

Not all poultry reads the rule book. I got 6 eggs today, 7 yesterday and 10 the day before that. But only 3 each day for several days before that. Even my EE has started laying again, 3 blue eggs in 10 days. She is 4 years old.
What I find interesting is the yolk colour. About a third have vibrant orange yolks while the rest are a paler yellow. They all get the same feed and treats. I blame the Russians.

Mine just stop. They have no artificial light in their duck house. I'm sure area, lighting, breed, etc have an influence. Once spring pops I usually get an egg from each duck every day

Thanks, Candy!!
You are very welcome
smile.png

Where is everybody? The last post was almost 3 days ago. Surely something must be worth talking about.

How about this? My trial is supposed to start tomorrow. The court appointed attorney sent me a letter last week and said that he quit the case. Not sure what that is all about but he is pretty tight with the judge and the prosecutor.
And I received another court summons yesterday. Another charge, another court appearance. This one on February 7.

On the bright side, I'm getting 8 - 10 eggs a day.

Back
Top Bottom