Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

74D10151-8267-4BD8-B7D6-36EBD64B6112.jpeg What a gorgeous day! Dh was available to work on the interior of the big coop today and we were able to pull out all of the old nest boxes, frame in the base for the poop board, and get the cleats for the new roost bars up. The roosts aren’t attached yet because DH wants to get the plywood installed for the poop board first. All in all, a very productive couple of hours. :)

It was 60 even up here, so happy to have spring finally arrive. Put a good dent in the snow depth, although the ground is still mostly covered. Love the sun and warm breeze.

Raz, if you click on Insert Full Image instead of Thumbnail when uploading photos they will show up in your post.

The last of this years chick purchases ship out today. I’m super excited about my blrws, and I have 10 “rare breed” assorted pullets coming as well. There are a few things I’m hoping to get in the assortment but since I managed to get the breeds I really wanted this year I think I’ll be able to really enjoy the surprise and trying to figure out what they are. The only thing I am hoping I do NOT get are EEs. Or their fancy-name, cost 3x as much EEs. Haha! Fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow but I’m thinking it’ll be more like Wednesday.

Spring has arrived the roosters are intent on trying to kill each other after all winter together peacefully. Two were so mud covered from rolling around I wasn’t sure who they were. I separated them but will have to see what today brings.

My son’s 4-h piglets arrived. They are in the trailer as their pen still had two foot of snow in it. We spent the afternoon shoveling it out. Hopefully today will melt the bottom layer of ice.

I have plans to change around coops and fencing this spring but now it’s just wait for the ground to thaw. I’m impatient already.

What a beautiful day it was yesterday! Today even better!! I got all the heated waterers swapped out. Put the chicks out to enjoy the sun and some grass. Everyone was enjoying the sun. Pulled the camper out of pole barn. Going to have to restock it soon. Is spring really here?? To stay??
Enjoy today, folks.

smoky.jpg

Had a nice weekend... until the neighbor started burning grass again. A few years ago, he caught one of my pines along the fence row on fire (about the size in the photo). He was burning a long swath of grass, about 50 ft...next to my remaining trees. We were not able to sit outside Saturday night because the smoke was so heavy and engulfed the whole house. Last year I wasn't able to hang clothes out to dry. I am not against burning, but this guy burns something almost every day. Hubby finally confronted him yesterday and told him he needs to tone it down. We can't enjoy our evenings or weekends outside when he burns. He doesn't work so he could try to burn during the week day. I also don't believe he own a hose, he tries to manage his fires with milk jugs of water. I could still see fire glowing on his land at 2:30 am when I got up. He's not very bright...and really getting on my nerves!

Back
Top Bottom