Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

RaZ, When you trapped your chipmunks, did you trap several at a time or just one at a time? We're just catching one at a time. We're releasing at a local park. Funny, they say release at least 5 miles away. Will they come back if we went 3 miles away? Those little cute critters are destroying our yard. Digging tunnels out everywhere! Afraid our house will fall into a giant sink hole.
Several. SSS.

I haven't been around for a while. Way to busy this summer but I only have 30 hours to go before I can apply for my wildlife rehabilitators license. The chickens have been good. Call Duck is sitting on eggs. Geese are huge and down to one turkey. We've had multiple skunks we have had to deal with this year. Fair is coming up and all the craziness that brings.

Raz I'm glad your in a good place now and I love your new toys...sorry "equipment '. Honestly when I'm feeling stressed getting on the tractor helps calm me down. I was against getting it but use it more than the guys. I've hurt myself less using it to move things rather than fighting them myself.

I got a great laugh from this one. Good old Garden city!
https://upnorthlive.com/news/offbeat/michigan-man-fights-ticket-for-turkey-who-moved-into-yard

I'm so glad to be out of that hell-hole. Life is wonderful here.
And I like my toys too, Tap.
Today is the last day of the County Fair and they are having tractor pulls. Woot.

It's hard to complain about the weather, given what's happening elsewhere, BUT it was a humid 94F today, and I couldn't get anything done outside! Planned to stain the newer barn boards and start on the coop, but it didn't happen.
Last night, The flock got sprayed for mites AGAIN! It's been a long year, never had so many episodes. Yuck!
Mary

It's hard to complain about the weather, given what's happening elsewhere, BUT it was a humid 94F today, and I couldn't get anything done outside!
Icky Sticky...still humid now just moved some birds, cockerels leaving tomorrow, and my glasses are all fogged up....some relief tomorrow with rain, I hope

Back
Top Bottom