Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

The last 2 days have been mostly sunny. That bright, crisp sunny day that winter produces when light is reflected off of the snow.
Weather forecast is calling for rain and/or snow for the weekend. Warm temps too that could melt this shallow snow cover. Mud season might come early.:(

I’m from Jackson and just starting out with meat turkeys, does anyone have an idea where I can buy poults in the spring? TSC only has Broad Breasted and it sounds scarce at that
Welcome @Hplayer13 ! There are more options than TSC too, we now have Family Farm and Home, Soldans (Lansing area), Stock and Field, and Rural King near Hartland (Brighton) area that may stock different turkey poults. I would call them all to see what their plans are.
I believe most of the stores order from Townline Hatchery and some will do special orders. Looks like Townline only offers WBB and BBB in their catalog.
I think that there's also a Blaine's in Jackson as well.

So, where do I begin with Mom? Last month she had a shingles break out on her face and eye and she's been miserable the whole time. A headache that feels like someone is gouging out her eye all the time. Pain meds only seem to take the edge off of it. Fortunately, the eye and the sores have mostly cleared up. However, she still had a ton of the Zoster virus in her spinal fluid yet and she had a small stroke about 2 weeks ago. They think that between the Zoster virus and the shingles headache that caused the stroke. Mostly just affected her left leg and arm. She's recovering and after a couple of days in the hospital back home for about a week now. Just have been giving her infusions of an antiviral med into a picc line in her arm, every 8 hours. Its been either me or Amy giving her the infusions. Kinda been crashing on the couch here so I don't have to screw around getting up and over to the farm to do them. Hopefully, we can probably end the infusions Sunday.

Needless to say, if you are over 50 and haven't gotten your shingles vaccines shots, go get them NOW.

I hope Mom is feeling better now Matt. Hope you are holding up too. Always tough taking care of a parent.

The way it was snowing last night, I thought I'd wake up to half a foot or more. Nope! Nothing new added. It's warm (40) and humid outside. Another grey dreary day.
Hens are steadily pooping out eggs. Sold 3 dozen yesterday, 3 doz. on Friday, made 18 into egg salad and I still have 7 dozen on the counter. Looks like the dogs will be getting omelettes all week.

Hope everyone is doing well. I guess you all are too busy to post. :caf

Back
Top Bottom