Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

CDL license would be great!

I hate it when my hands freeze up on the tractor, seems to take forever for them to thaw back out.

I think I had that in my thumb once, finally taped my thumb down to my palm to keep from using it until the swelling went down and it started moving again.
It would be a nice added skill to have. Not really sure that I want to be a truck driver at this stage of my life. On the other hand, it might be a spark to rekindle a flame to burn away this recent funk.

Sorry Silly and Raz. Silly, something will come along for you. Just keep the faith. Good Luck on your job search, too, Randy. Things have GOT to get better for you soon!!! How's PT going? It's rare that the pinky gets trigger finger.

Pinkie trigger finger is a self-diagnosis. It's curled/bent at an odd angle with a bit of pain.
PT is going well. I just don't seem to be a good patient. My PTA says that she has never seen a patient as stiff and inflexible as me. The chiropractor said the same thing.

One nice thing about the crappy part-time job I work is the amount of food that they throw away. Lots of past sell buy or expired food of all types. I can usually dumpster dive a grocery bag of stuff for the dogs and chickens (and me) every day I work. I brought home dry pizza and cauliflower last night. Dogs like the rawhide like pizza slices and the chickens devoured the soggy cauliflower in seconds. I got a gallon on milk dated Jan. 31. It's still good.

Got a rack of firewood split and stacked so far today. Came in to let my fingers thaw. Back out in a bit to do some more. Trying to make the best of the daylight. It's cold out there but at least there isn't much of a wind. That helps a lot.

PT is going well. I just don't seem to be a good patient. My PTA says that she has never seen a patient as stiff and inflexible as me. The chiropractor said the same thing.
Listen to the PT and learn about how to keep your muscles stretched, strong, and flexible.
It will make a world of difference in how you feel and may even make the chiropractor obsolete(keep your muscles balanced and your spine will stay in place ;) ).

Listen to the PT and learn about how to keep your muscles stretched, strong, and flexible.
Oh she is really good. I just frustrate her at every turn. I simply can't bend or move like she wants. None of her tricks can get my muscles to relax. She has 30 some years doing this and she says I'm the worst she's ever seen. At my most relaxed I'm still a board.

Who ordered this unexpected snow today? It is winter, and the white stuff looks nice, but it wasn't in the forecast . Again.
Two of my bantams have started to lay eggs again! After months, finally. I'm hoping that it's all uphill from here...
Mary

@RaZ You are more then a "board"; you have a pulse, warm bood & a spirit that is still strong.

Dare I ask about Epson salt soaking, baths and while your outside the reusable hand warmers.... You fill a small sock(cotton only) with plane white rice; tie it or see it shut with string. And that can be heated up in microwave 100's of times.
You will have to experiment with time as the rice-sock I use for my neck/spine is a long tube sock with about 32oz of rice and I can nuke it for ~90-120 seconds.... Your option will be considerably less!
Have it in the glove... ---ohhh wait, get a pair of kids knit gloves and fill them with rice and see'um shut... That way you'll have finger warming too.

YMMV depending on the gloves you use and tolerance for heat when outside.....

Oh she is really good. I just frustrate her at every turn. I simply can't bend or move like she wants. None of her tricks can get my muscles to relax. She has 30 some years doing this and she says I'm the worst she's ever seen. At my most relaxed I'm still a board.
It takes conscious effort and desire to loosen things up ;)
Not a quick and easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom