Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I think it is just a glitch. There are 2 groups. The older hens have been laying for over a year and the young birds have been steady for about 6 months.
I've just hadn't seen that before. Although I've had similar deposits of potassium after the hens have eaten bananas. These girls haven't had any bananas lately. I just found it interesting.

I came home from work today and was doing some chores around the coop and our dog ran towards a live trap I have set up, I was thinking I caught another possum or a raccoon. I figured I would need to relocate it a few + miles down the road further in the woods. As I walked up the dog was sniffing next to the trap and I noticed that there was a skunk in the trap and it was starting to move around a little. I hurried up and got the dog out of there and put her in the house. Finished up my chores and then took the .22 out knowing the thing was going to spray if I shot it. Good thing it's cold out and the wind was blowing away from the house. Hopefully it is the same one we were smelling during the night in the summer.

Please don't relocate raccoons, opossums, or foxes that you trap! In Michigan, you can legally relocate them on your own property, or on other private land within your county, with landowner permission. ONLY! Otherwise, don't trap it if you won't then shoot it.
Mary
Mary - I just looked up what you were speaking of and you are correct. I had always assumed that since most of the wildlife we tend to see come from a large parcel of a wildlife preserve that we have down the road. I had been taking them back out to the preserve if caught. I realize that cannot be done now under section 5.52 - 9 under the WILDLIFE DAMAGE AND NUISANCE CONTROL PERMITS. I will gladly take care of them appropriately. I am just happy that no one got sprayed.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/...mage_and_Nuisacne_Control_Permit_368507_7.pdf

Back
Top Bottom