Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Aart - Here’s a few pics, snows starting to get a little depth now.
Nice!
Run looks iffy with CW and 2x4......I'd say you've been lucky.
How many years?

What's on run roof....must be fun to get snow off there.

Good examples of anti-dig apron installation.
If rodents are prolific, burying the apron ~12" would be good.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wire-around-coop.1110498/#post-17093528
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-coop-project.1169916/page-2#post-18481208

Yeah I didn’t know when we started that CW wouldn’t keep out most predators. I added the 2x4 on the bottom after as an extra protection because that is what I had on hand. It will be five years this spring and yes I think we are very lucky so far. I did add some solar motion sensing lights around the perimeter. They are not the brightest but I am sure they have scared off a few animals at night?! Wanted to go deeper on the new run apron but too many roots so down 6” or so and it’s 8-10” wide. I had thought about putting some quickcreate (cement) in the apron before backfilling as well. For $15 for a couple of bags figure it can’t hurt. The roof has a few sheets of roof tin on it over the wire just to keep the snow out so the chickens will come outside. Seems to be working, but sux for letting the sunlight in.

Wanted to go deeper on the new run apron but too many roots so down 6” or so and it’s 8-10” wide. I had thought about putting some quickcreate (cement) in the apron before backfilling as well.
Better to go out(12-18") if you can't go farther down.
Concrete and mesh is redundant, mesh would be easier IMO.

Welcome!
Think we only have one yooper anymore....in the east central.
Huh. I thought I saw someone (newbie) pipe up from middle UP.... About mid-January????
Middle...East Central....about the same thing?
I can't even remember who it is right off hand...CRS....they'll be along.

Hello everyone!!
I’m looking for some Fertile Silkie frizzle eggs to buy.
I’m willing to travel to pic them up. I’m just having a very hard time finding any😢
Does anyone have any or know of anyone in Northern Michigan
Looking for some fun colors to add to my babies🙏
thank you❤️

Back
Top Bottom