Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Beautiful sunny day here but damn cold. Driveway and paths are glare ice and very treacherous to navigate. Chickens are coming out off and on. They like the heat produced under a glass door that is in the run. Think cold frame box.

USDA biologist was out for a site survey of the property I want to restore to grassland. I'm probably not eligible for most grants because I don't have enough acreage for the federal or state grants. I might get more help from the local conservation organizations. Anyway, I'm still going to restore as much as possible. He did suggest a woodland programme that might work for me. A little selective logging might pay enough to fund some of my projects. I'm going to have to do some more research.

I'm really looking forward to spring now.

Beautiful sunny day here but damn cold. Driveway and paths are glare ice and very treacherous to navigate. Chickens are coming out off and on. They like the heat produced under a glass door that is in the run. Think cold frame box.

USDA biologist was out for a site survey of the property I want to restore to grassland. I'm probably not eligible for most grants because I don't have enough acreage for the federal or state grants. I might get more help from the local conservation organizations. Anyway, I'm still going to restore as much as possible. He did suggest a woodland programme that might work for me. A little selective logging might pay enough to fund some of my projects. I'm going to have to do some more research.

I'm really looking forward to spring now.
Yeah, the right trees are worth quite a lot to the right lumber buyer. That's one of the things I learned back when I worked at hardwoods of Michigan stacking lumber for them. The right tree can make quite a lot of money when all cut up right. And even if it wasn't the greatest, they can still cut enough lumber out of it to make it worth their time. Plus, removing some trees just might improve your habitat area just a little bit more as well.

PT has come to a close. They are quite pleased with my recovery. I have more mobility now than when I started. There is still pain in various areas but they think I have some unknown nerve issues. That will be for another day.

In the meantime I'll keep doing the stretching exercises and she added some strength exercises too.

It's another brilliant day here. Sunny cloud-free sky but darn it's cold. 28'F but windy. Windchill is around 10'F says the radio. I'm going to suit up and see what I can do outside in the garage and coop.

In the meantime I'll keep doing the stretching exercises and she added some strength exercises too.
Good, keep it up!!
Hard to keep going without the PT attention, but it sure helps.

It's another brilliant day here. Sunny cloud-free sky but darn it's cold. 28'F but windy.
Same here, about 35 but that wind is piercing.

When it's 28 up here people talk about how warm it is and start running around in sweatshirts :lol:
Annnddd, down here (stifles a giggle) I still get wierd looks when I were shorts below 60° ..... My bar used to be 40° for shorts. Then the knee surgery changed my core thermostat. And I still don't like that!
The humidity has always been my Achilles heel.... Now i'm even more sensitive to it. If the temps below about 60, humidity is above 40 and the wind above about 10mph and it is like a heatsink that someone poured liquid nitrogen over!

I can still do just fine with 20's °F with humidity below 40% ... In fact we had a couple morning with humidity below 20% & I was breathing in that crisp air and felt so refreshed, not cold. The kiddos were like "ewwww it's so cold."

My memories of ideal winter was humidity about 10% and as long as winds stayed below 20mph & I was layered for it ... I could be outside for hours down to about -10 to -15°F & enjoy it.

I forgot to mention the wind chill that went with that 28', it was 8-10'.

I used to love the cold. That all changed with the heart surgery. I recently learned that my frozen fingers are Raynaud's Syndrome.

Anyway, enough complaining. It's another beautiful day so I'm going to suit up and go outside. Chicken chores and finish wiring the work light on the tractor. I'm rather proud of that accomplishment. :D

I forgot to mention the wind chill that went with that 28', it was 8-10'.
No, ya didn't :D Guess that cold is giving you CRS too :gig
Windchill is around 10'F says the radio.
That wind was cold!

Much warmer(no wind) and sunny again today.
Next week is back to 'winter' tho, back below freezing and ~6" of snow forecast.

Back
Top Bottom