Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

This year none of our butterfly bushes didn't come back, and there was very little at the few garden centers I visited. Miss them!
Mary
Butterfly bushes are now considered invasive in many areas. Native plants are always your best bet.
I love living where I am now. I have gone completely native here. The result is so many butterflies, dragonflies, moths, bats, and birds. Not to mention salamanders, frogs, toads, treefrogs, snakes, turtles, and other native critters. I would never be able to do that where I was before.

I have gone completely native here. The result is so many butterflies, dragonflies, moths, bats, and birds.
Pretty sure they were all there before you came ;)
Welcome to Rural!
My fav part about moving from the city to rural was no squirrels, or rather very few.

Is everyone ready for this next heat wave?
At least the nights cool down.

Pretty sure they were all there before you came ;)
Welcome to Rural!
My fav part about moving from the city to rural was no squirrels, or rather very few.

Is everyone ready for this next heat wave?
At least the nights cool down.
Yeah, they were here when I got here. But the fox thinned the cohort to where I rarely saw them last year. Now that the predators are gone, the squirrel population has boomed. That is fine by me. I love those tree-rats.

and chewed openings in four places through the soffets and roof.
Yep, had some chew into the coop shed, way before chickens, up high under the eaves.
A mama had some babes in the cardboard box holding my window AC.
Heard scrambling in there as I got ready to get AC unit out to install.
Thought it was mice, cut open front of box and they all were right there!
I screamed and ran, they screamed and scattered all over...must have been 5-6 of them.
Hilarious in hindsight!
Luckily they didn't soil the unit, just the box bottom reeked, but they did chew up the plastic fan, had to get a new fan.

Critters are cute and fascinating..... until they start destroying stuff.

Back
Top Bottom