Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Found our bit of Paradise too! :)

Snowflake, I'm also in Belding, sort of. I'm about half way between Belding and Lowell. Belding mailing address, and Lowell telephone number, back when we had a landline.

I'm doing my rain dance... Might put laundry on the line to tempt Mother Nature. Rain, please rain... :fl

Yep, washing the car should bring the rain. Radio says not until late this afternoon here though. Hopefully get a day of chores in before returning to work tomorrow.

Stupid buckeye pullets have decided that they no longer want to sleep in the nice secure coop. They have been disappearing in the trees at night instead of returning to the coop with their cockerel and sister Chanticleers. Of course there was a ruckus at 3:30 am today. One bird squawking and fluttering about right outside my bedroom window. Rushed outside but couldn't spot any thing. Motion lights only came on when I was within range. No sign of any predators in the immediate area. I need to get the new roosting bars secured today and make sure that they all go in for the night before dusk.

I can't believe how much this scar has been reduced since Wednesday when the doc said I could start treating it with vitamin E. I should probably treat the keloid on my neck where they had a line put in the carotid artery. I wonder if Blu-Kote would help... :lau

Stupid buckeye pullets have decided that they no longer want to sleep in the nice secure coop. They have been disappearing in the trees at night instead of returning to the coop with their cockerel and sister Chanticleers
Are these the new birds you got a week or so ago?

Are these the new birds you got a week or so ago?
Yes. I got them the weekend before my surgery so it's been about a month. They have just recently been being stupid. They had been roosting in the coop rafters until the other night. They are around 16 - 18 weeks old now.

wag3.jpg
wag2.jpg
wag1.jpg

That wagon looks huge behind my little tractor..
Trying to clean up and organize the yard today...and get things staged to better areas so that I can work on them.

Any time I can fire up the tractor for chores (real or made-up) is a bonus to my day. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom