Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Finally! A day off. In fact today and tomorrow. Woot! :celebrate
Took advantage and went back to sleep after waking up at regular time. So the chickens weren't let out for a bit. That caused a bit of a ruckus. Chanty cockerel has been challenging the older rooster. They were going at it in the coop when I got out there. If that keeps up I'm going to have to do something.

One of the Chanty pullets has started to lay. Found a medium size egg in the nest box the last 3 days. Much smaller than the jumbos eggs from the older girls.

Beautiful day here. Near perfect I would say. Hope to get some chores done after I see the cardiologist.

What a wasted afternoon. Saw the cardiologist's PA. She had no idea why I was there. Nothing in my file that I was in hospital a couple of weeks ago. No report that I saw the surgeon on Friday and was told that the wires are causing an infection. All she had was a note that I need to go on a monitor for a 3-week stretch. That device was ordered and should be here in a week to 10 days. She also kept pushing the statins even though statins are poison to me. I get the impression that they are following a cookie-cutter agenda of some sort.

Fmla doesn't have anything to do with insurance. It does protect you from negative effects of having to take time off due to personal illness. An employer can not hold fmla time off against your attendance, nor can they terminate you. It is limited to a max of 12 weeks off in a year. I have had to use it for my own surgery and illness in the past. (Had shingles on my face- worst ever) as well as for both of my parents. It has saved my job multiple times.
Yeah, trust me, go get both of your Shingrex shingles vaccine shots. Mom is mostly over her bout of it from december, but she still having issues with keeping her eye open yet.

But she's feeling a lot better, and went and got herself a new puppy last weekend.

120032638_10107796288816735_7815323726984474032_n.jpg

meet Miss Penny Lane. She's a mini Sheltie.

Predator apron is in! Attached to the wood on the top and used 6" galvanized staples around the edge. Had a few spots where the hardware cloth had overlapping seams, so I used hog rings to tighten those up(red line). Do I need hog rings on the opposite side of the overlap as well (blue line)? Or no since that edge is on the inside of the coop?
20200926_131633_HDR.jpg
Hardware cloth.png

Back
Top Bottom