Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I am not getting many eggs at all, because somebody's hopping in there and breaking them. I find evidence of broken eggs, but unless I get out there early in the day there are no whole ones. I think it's because my young birds are in there digging around, I will have to put up some strategic blockades in there to keep them from scratching

I am not getting many eggs at all, because somebody's hopping in there and breaking them. I find evidence of broken eggs, but unless I get out there early in the day there are no whole ones. I think it's because my young birds are in there digging around, I will have to put up some strategic blockades in there to keep them from scratching
Interesting. In todays collection, I had the big girl eggs on top of the pullet eggs that were buried low in the nest box. There were 3 small eggs completely covered with nesting material. At least they were all intact.

Hi and welcome :D to BYC and the Michigan thread.

There was a big kerfuffle that that was several years ago, we're all pretty civil now except for an occasional shot at Raz :lol:

Nope it's the hens that are doing it, one of my older girls lays thinner shelled eggs and they know if they rock them around a little bit they can get one to break, after that it's just a big free-for-all.

Hi and welcome :D to BYC and the Michigan thread.

There was a big kerfuffle that that was several years ago, we're all pretty civil now except for an occasional shot at Raz :lol:

Nope it's the hens that are doing it, one of my older girls lays thinner shelled eggs and they know if they rock them around a little bit they can get one to break, after that it's just a big free-for-all.
lol...loved the analogy! ❤️

Time to explore the run! We have only had them 2 hours and I already love the little fluff butts!

Attachments

• 20201003_140506_HDR.jpg
    20201003_140506_HDR.jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201003_140552_HDR.jpg
    20201003_140552_HDR.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom