Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I have seen a huge number of raptors moving through in the last 2 weeks.
I'm waiting for the owls to start moving through. I haven't seen or heard them yet. I hope I didn't miss them.
There is a juvenile eagle that seems to be staking a claim on this area. I've seen it several times since spring. I love seeing the raptors even if they are a threat to my chickens. I think that I have enough cover for them in case a raptor does come looking for a meal. I haven't seen any fox or coyotes for over a year now. It's just a matter of time before one or the other move in. My run is secure so I'm not too worried if they do move in.

@RaZ...in one of your photos, it appears you have a quite a find in your garage along with the racks you were able to salvage. I would love to hear more about the classic car you have stored:)

It's a 1968 Ford LTD Brougham. 390 cu in engine, factory air, power steering/brakes 97,000 original miles. Vinyl top was replaced a few years ago. Bodywork and fresh paint done 2 years ago. Her name is Betty.

Betty1.JPG

I'm waiting for the owls to start moving through. I haven't seen or heard them yet. I hope I didn't miss them.
There is a juvenile eagle that seems to be staking a claim on this area. I've seen it several times since spring. I love seeing the raptors even if they are a threat to my chickens. I think that I have enough cover for them in case a raptor does come looking for a meal. I haven't seen any fox or coyotes for over a year now. It's just a matter of time before one or the other move in. My run is secure so I'm not too worried if they do move in.
I've been hearing barred owls for a few weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom