Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi Everyone!
You guys took a disappearing act on me in the weekend and I come back to read 4 pages worth of all kinds of information :eek: :eek:
Hope you all had a great weekend. It was not that great for me since it rained enough. The boards on the floor that was made began to buckle up, :hit
So, I had a few appointments today and tomorrow but might need to remove it and see if by turning it will do the trick. Besides, it might be a good idea and I will explain why.
I cannot find a way to place a skirt of hardware cloth around the darn cement blocks. If anyone can give me any ideas, I will appreciate. I thought of digging some galvanized zinc but it will rot and be back at square one. Here is the floor picture,
floordone.jpg
The cement part sticks out quite a lot (about 7 inches) away from the 2X6 around. They are about 10 inches tall if there is not another block under it to make sure it is level.
aboutafoothigh.jpg
I am open to ideas.

Hey , love hurts because we are hard headed humans and love is not a feeling. It is something we choose. I had my share of wrong choices. There is someone out there made specifically for each of us. But no, we jump ahead of time and then have lots of headaches. Take your time. 25, keep waiting, 35, keep waiting. 60 like me, definitely they forgot to make one for me,:lau

I think that life is not what we encounter but how we react to what is in front of us that make life. Today had a person told me that I had courage for moving to the country side being Hispanic. I said that I was not Hispanic, that I was American. Is this ever going to stop? We all need to learn to love people as people.
oh, well, one thing my grandma sometimes said is that there is more crazy people out and around that in any ward, lol
Love ya all!

Hugs~n~Kisses

60 like me, definitely they forgot to make one for me
Or maybe they thought you were complete as you are. There is an inner strength that single people have (or can have) that couples might not.
I think that life is not what we encounter but how we react to what is in front of us that make life.
BINGO!

Any ideas on how to fix that floor of the coop?
How warped is it?
Chances are it will flatten back out as it dries.

Anti-dig aprons can be attached to frame and bent around the blocks then out on the ground.
Good examples of anti-dig apron installation...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wire-around-coop.1110498/#post-17093528
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-coop-project.1169916/page-2#post-18481208
Sorry these links don't show that, but Iv'e seen it before.
Might want to start a new thread titled "anti-dig apron around concrete foundation".

How warped is it?
Chances are it will flatten back out as it dries.

Anti-dig aprons can be attached to frame and bent around the blocks then out on the ground.
Good examples of anti-dig apron installation...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wire-around-coop.1110498/#post-17093528
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-coop-project.1169916/page-2#post-18481208
Sorry these links don't show that, but Iv'e seen it before.
Might want to start a new thread titled "anti-dig apron around concrete foundation".
Well, it did went down as I placed more screws on it.
How do I start a new thread? I am so stupid at these things, :idunno

If you are on this page right now, go up to the top bar tab that says "what's new" and click the down arrow. Then click on New Posts.

That takes you to the menu of the most recent posts. At the top of the page to the right, is a green tab that says Post Thread. That takes you to a page where you can start a new thread.

You are not stupid. We all had to learn. No one was born knowing this. :thumbsup

I shipped another 2 dozen eggs out to California today, that is my 3rd shipment this year. I hope that all 3 of the shipments result in new flocks, as I'm worried the Arkansas Blues might die out if more people don't have them. Let me know if anyone wants eggs to hatch.
Would you ship some to Tennessee this May? I would LOVE to buy some hatching eggs from you!

Back
Top Bottom