Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hi, everyone!!! What a day! So cold for this time. But snow is coming.... I want to thank you guys to help me begin a thread and think of a way top fix my coop floor problem. I guess I wanted an easy way out but asked the X to help me lift it all up and lay the hardware cloth around and then put the cement blocks. He said he will help but only because he saw how big these birds are.

Anyways, I see that everyone had a great day especially RaZ who had an eight legged companion in the shower, lol I would have died and gotten in jail for indecent exposure because I would had ran for my life.

I found somethings to add to the coop today. Ventilation covers. The are open and I can put them outside while hardware cloth on the inside. I also found an already done nesting boxes (4). I was thinking of how difficult to measure and get them together but I guess God was watching over me.

Next week I will be traveling south east to GR to get some groceries that I can only find there. But this Friday, someone will work on my truck to make sure it is ok to keep with all the traveling. That way maybe by the end of June, I can travel to Florida to see my siblings and my ex-first Sergeant.

I know it's in the forecast to start getting cold! Not looking forward to it what so ever. I was just getting used to this warm weather. Sometimes I feel like Michigan just doesn't want me to have a garden 😂 😭 I had to bring my plants inside so they don't freeze :he

Chicks in transit from Cackle today, so I'm all set with the brooder, phone numbers at two nearest post offices, and nerves. Both post offices had lots of dead chicks (not mine, thank God!) last year, and many boxes of live chicks this year. Very encouraging news from them, but still I'll be worried until they arrive. Tomorrow? I can hope!
Of course it's much colder this week, it figures...
Mary

Chicks in transit from Cackle today, so I'm all set with the brooder, phone numbers at two nearest post offices, and nerves. Both post offices had lots of dead chicks (not mine, thank God!) last year, and many boxes of live chicks this year. Very encouraging news from them, but still I'll be worried until they arrive. Tomorrow? I can hope!
Of course it's much colder this week, it figures...
Mary
Yikes!
At least you have a good rapport with PO's.
Hope they arrive soon :fl :fl :fl

We might have a broody hen! One of the d'Uccles, who brooded some chicks last summer, is sitting in the same nest box tonight. :fl
Way too soon to be sure, but it's a hopeful sign. And chicks coming is a few days; will it be too soon to see if she will raise some of them?
Mary
We have three broody turkeys and three broody hens right now :)

Back
Top Bottom