Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

ok, I made a huge mistake this morning. I had to bleach clean that room and chicken area, so, stupidly instead of covering the rug with a blanket and then wash it with all kinds of stuff to make sure is very clean, I made the mistake to put them in the kitchen. The floor is vinyl, so it would be simple to clean. NOT SO! It has pores, so the poop was more difficult to get out. Thankfully after an hour of scrubbing, I got it all out. Never again.
On another note, their area is nice, clean and sanitized and window is open. They can handle a cool breeze for a while.

mistake1.jpg
mistake2.jpg
The funny part of it: They slipped a lot, it was hilarious!
ok, back to finish cleaning and head outside.

I though the same thing about @RaZ 's story, in his past life in Garden City.
Let's say that living in that town wasn't garden friendly at all!
Mary
Garden City was the worst place ever. The ordinance officer was corrupt. I heard he got fired for taking bribes. The judge is and has been losing his faculties from what I heard.
I sold my house there to a slum-lord who turned it into a Section 8 housing project. I hope the neighbor likes that!

I should wrap up my convict story. Short summary is that 3 years after moving here I received a letter from the court that said my probation period had ended. The dates told the story...I was on probation for over 7 years! That was a little secret the judge never shared with me. But in December 2019 he voided the warrant for my arrest. I have that court order pinned on my bulletin board.

Raz your neighbors must laugh as they wait to see what you are going to come home next with. must be quite a picture as you drive down the street :pop:eek:
The beauty of living here is that I have no neighbors. The closest house is owned by a down-state couple who are only here a few times in the summer. I have a set of keys to their place and act as a care taker of sorts.

Even though work is 20 miles away I rarely have much traffic once I am away from the store. Lots of back roads if I have a wonky load. On the other hand, the roads are used by farmers with all kinds of equipment so people are used to seeing wonky stuff on the road.

warming up a little, think I'll cut the grass when I get home from the store. Need to get to TSC also before my coupon runs out.
No grass to cut here but I'm with you on the TSC coupon. I need water softener salt and bedding material. I'd like to deep clean the coop this weekend. I think that will take priority over going to the Imlay City swap meet to look for peafowl. :(

Peafowl are a pain! Unbelievable noisy, need lots of space, will roost in trees and wander far. Also die, like turkeys, of Heterachis, something that chickens cope with pretty well.
Birds best admired from afar...
Mary
Perhaps. But I love the "noise" of a mature male. Lotsa space I have. I'm not sure what that disease is. I googled it but came up empty.

I have a couple of friends keeping peafowl and they've had no issues. I want to give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom