Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We have a lot of iron in our water, and our bathtub is badly stained. I've tried CLR, and don't use that if you can't open the windows!

A neighbor suggested Bar Keepers Friend ($4 for a can, versus $20 for a big jug of CLR) and WOW! It took a couple of hours or scrubbing and letting the stuff sit on the really bad stains, but man oh man! That tub is clean now!

We'll see if DH notices...

Yeah, he will. It's that big of a difference.

Think I read somewhere that our heat wave is the cause of the lack luster colors.
Leaving tomorrow for our last camping trip to South Haven. Big Halloween bash. Had the family over for dinner and everyone helped load up the 31 ft camper with all my decorations. It is full!! Will have fun setting up. Not so much taking it all down!
Have a great weekend!
Be safe Rose! Have lots of fun! Enjoy the family!

Broke out the sweatshirt and turtleneck today! No long johns yet, and the rest of the week looks good.
I don't think it's time to build a boat, but lots of rain. If it was snow, we'd be buried!
Mary
It was 40 this morning at the coop. Went to Lowes to get insulation for the coop and everyone looked at me as if I was crazy and not from Michigan. I am not from Michigan, :lau, so I was in a tank top over sports bra. I love this cool weather! I have shovel snow with flip-flops, :D

Just read this article this morning….looks like Gov Whitmer is ending mask mandate in MI and not implementing vaccine passports.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/whitmer-says-she-will-end-statewide-mask-mandate-no-vaccine-passports/
Glad I am no part with government. I would put a really heavy fine for those who decline to vaccinate and put others at risk. Then make them pay for their own medical care regardless of health insurance. SOme people do not have enough to live by and if they get sick the might not be able to get the proper care because another who wanted to play tuff and be a rebel is getting the medical resources.
I am sorry if anyone gets offended by I do belive that we all need to put so much aside and have a reality check. This is our people, neighbors, friends, family, loved ones. If we do not care for humanity, who will? As for me, anyone might tell me, "well, you believe in a God so He can take care of the humans who believe in Him" I will be so proved that that person is so ignorant to talk about something they have no knowledge of. Anyone has heard one or two things from the Bible and God gave us free will. That is why Eve took the apple and Adam followed like an idiot. That is why Jesus said to the people tomove the rock from the tumb of Lazarus. We have to do what we can and God will follow with the rest.

I was very impressed as how the Gov handled teh pandemic regardless of political party. But taking mandates out and letting those who care less do their will is not good. I wear a mask and I have been vaccinated and I go to outdoors activities if there is not that many people out. I have missed for almost 2 years to congregate with people. More than 10 people is too many for me. I love my family, and my friends to much for me to be irresponsible when there is such uncertainty still.
Please do not get me wrong. I am not trying to get to anyone nor insult anyone. I appreciate this place for the knowledge I have received and also for the unconditional love from everyone here. You all are my mentors.

Back
Top Bottom