Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I agree 100% with the above. You have too many different problems, which often points to some underlying condition that can have a lot of different manifestations
It can be really tricky to get a copy of your medical records, the sooner you request them the better. I would even go so far as to say it's a good idea to keep a daily log when your hospitalized, so that you have your own record of what happened.
Retain a lawyer and have him or her immediately place a request copies of medical record from hospital, out patient, home nursing.

Retain a lawyer and have him or her immediately place a request copies of medical record from hospital, out patient, home nursing.
we learned the hard way you want a lawyer from another city because those from around your area will be in the hospitals back pocket. And if you haven't gotten the records by now it maybe to late.. ...plus if you have any pre existing conditions they will blame it on that. EXTREMLY hard to sue a hospital they have lots of money and can keep it going till your run out of money. pretty futile unless you can prove neglect with out a doubt.

we learned the hard way you want a lawyer from another city because those from around your area will be in the hospitals back pocket. And if you haven't gotten the records by now it maybe to late.. ...plus if you have any pre existing conditions they will blame it on that. EXTREMLY hard to sue a hospital they have lots of money and can keep it going till your run out of money. pretty futile unless you can prove neglect with out a doubt.
I have a friend who won a multimillion case after the hospital settled after many appeals. It took nearly 10 years and it was gross negligence.

Hello y'all, long time no see. How is everyone?

I have a question, are any of you within ~35 -40 minutes of: Detroit, Novi, Ann Arbor, Troy, or Sterling Heights? (Not sure where my fiance will land after this job contract of 1 year ends, but it will be in one of the above cities.)

I ask as I'm wondering if anyone does and is able to keep a few chickens and ducks (including a rooster.)

p.s.: I didn't make a post as I don't know which specific area I will be moving to. It depends on which area allows chickens, and where he can find a job. (My only criteria for moving is keeping my beloved pet silkie rooster, some of his hens, and my three closest ducks).

Welcome back! Make sure that you check city or township regs before moving anywhere, so you pick an area where birds, especially roosters, are allowed. That's what we did, and live in a township zoned agricultural, so we're fine.
Mary

Hi Mary,
Just want to get a good idea about where we should look! Are you from one of the above areas?

I have the discharge papers and dozens of electronic files that they e-mailed to me. Nothing that says what I actually had. I find that very curious. But that lack of diagnosis was the norm while I was in there. I got about the bare minimum of information from the doctors & nurses.

What I do know is that they sent me home with a PICC line so I can infuse myself with Heparin and Ceftriaxone. The heparin is for my heart and the ceftriaxone is an anti-biotic they say is for the blood infection. I have to do an infusion daily for 12 days. Oddly enough, the infection in my arm seems to be spreading around where the IV was.. It is still oozing a watery pus. I see my PCP on Monday.

Other than that I feel pretty good even if I do get tired easily. Baby steps while I try to regain my strength. I'll bounce back eventually. It's heart warming to know that you guys are concerned about me.

Randy, get a referral to Mayo or the Cleveland Clinic!
And do take care of yourself, don't get into your usual "I can do it all!" mode!!!
@IttyBittyBirdy , we live in Perry township, an hour to Novi or Ann Arbor, and further from Troy or Detroit. We have both driven an hour each way to work, because having an affordable small farm in the boonies has been worth it to us.
Closer would be nice, but never plan to move again!
Just make sure you move to an area where you can have your birds, don't move in and try to change things...
Mary

Back
Top Bottom