Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@Dreamzchaser , I'm lousy with texting! And i didn't see one on my phone anyway. Call or something, texting is not my friend.
Doing fine here, not loving the 18F last night though. Ready for that 'door into summer' as soon as Jan.2nd arrives!
My computer has been 'difficult', and is now running fine. Trip and calls to Digilink fixed everything, and recommend the guy at the Okemos store very highly.
Mary

@Dreamzchaser , I'm lousy with texting! And i didn't see one on my phone anyway. Call or something, texting is not my friend.
Doing fine here, not loving the 18F last night though. Ready for that 'door into summer' as soon as Jan.2nd arrives!
My computer has been 'difficult', and is now running fine. Trip and calls to Digilink fixed everything, and recommend the guy at the Okemos store very highly.
Mary
Glad all is well. Will make note of texting. Love you young lady. Be safe.

The chickens next door do not like the snow. Mine don't know how lucky they are! A very little bit of snow blows in, but not much.

The last couple of days, the chickens have been very spoiled with really good treats. They got the left over vegetables from the bone broth I made on Monday (3 more servings are in the freezer for them) and the vegetable treat contribution from a neighbor yesterday. Today, it's back to just mash for chickie snack.

Monday, when it was soooo windy, I was soooo glad for a spacious coop for the birds. They didn't come out much, but seemed to be doing just fine inside. I must think of this when "chick fever" hits next spring. Unless I can talk DH into adding on to the coop.

(But dear, it'll make the coop look more symmetrical if we add a wing on the other side...)

They knucklehead got on the dirt and with vaseline on her, all the dirt is all over her all stuck.
Yeah, this is one reason not to grease combs.....
..the other is, it will not prevent frostbite.

Big fat flakes falling furiously here, not going to amount to much tho.
...and look at the forecast!
1638974701452.png

Hello y'all,

I know I said I'd be more active and then disappeared, my bad.

I would like to know why my great grandparents went from one freezing place to another.

Hurt my knee about the last time I chatted, going in for an MRI tomorrow.
Doctor said something is probably snapped and my knee cap isn't tracking right. Really hollered at me for trying to "walk it off".

On another note, this is what a silkie + OEGB produces when your chicken baby sitter is afraid of getting bit: IMG_20211105_100446.jpg

Oh Mary,
Now that I look back, I'm not sure if there really was a specific reason or just me thinking, "one more day and it'll be fine". I learned my lesson!

She is the size of an OEGB! Very petite little fuzz ball.

I thought the fuzz gene was recessive, but a lot of the kids are fluffy, and all of them have little bonnets.

Is everybody here having knee problems? Did I start something? My knee feels better but still not 100%. Had a reminder to be careful this morning. Slipped on snow covered leaves this morning. Not harm, just a reminder.

I'm going to have to go out in this cold and bring in some firewood. It is supposed to go down to 8 degrees tonight and I'm down to one cart of firewood. Each cart holds just shy of a face-cord.

At least I have my winter onesie to keep me warm. What I need is a good pair of winter gloves.

Is everybody here having knee problems? Did I start something?
It was you!:tongue

I don't think there's anything especially wrong with my knee, atleast I hope not as I've been walking on it the past 5 weeks. I'm hoping it's something that will get better with rest.

My mother stumbled over the dog and dislocated her little toe. (Dog was fine.)

Beginning to think my clumsiness might be hereditary. I think I single handedly keep the Band-aid brand in business.

Back
Top Bottom