Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

One degree when I went out to open the coop. Inside the coop it was 14. I decided that I would keep them closed up for the day. So I put the water founts in there hoping that the ducks wouldn't make a huge, wet mess. On the way back to the house I looked up and saw this:
View attachment 2962888View attachment 2962888View attachment 2962888View attachment 2962888View attachment 2962889View attachment 2962890View attachment 2962891View attachment 2962892View attachment 2962893
So beautiful Raz! I love nature. It looks a sif you were laying on the floor looking at the majestic tree line. Amazing!

Hi lovelies!

Not much around here but the same cold weather. Some of the girls escaped to day as I was collecting eggs and they had my poor dog go over the mount of snow and she was againts the back wall. Poor girl! They came out since O have only a path open for me to go to the run and for Pixie to go out and do her thing. If it is too cold for Pixie, then she goes in the bathtub wich I do not mind. It is better than in the rug,lol

Another day of no dizziness. (sorry Raz). I did go to make some changes to my account at AT&T, filled up at Sam's and back. About time a gave a run to the chevy all the way to Muskegon. Next month it will be to Ann Arbor. Hot cocoa, Mrs. Mary? Just kidding. It will be on Friday the 18th and I am disappointed because I wanted to go to Winter jjam in GR because of my Bday but read about a Puerto Rican Restaurant that opened about a year ago in Brighton. So I guess that I will eat at Carmen's for my Bday after all. I will see how good the food is,lol The north of the Island cooks different things from the south, so let's see. I am from the south.

Anyways, I love you all!

~Hugs~and~Kisses~

A balmy 29 degrees, but now it's spitting a bit of snow. I spread ashes on the driveway, as it's packed down to ice. The UPS and FedEx drivers have a really hard time back here. One lost a side mirror, trying to turn around and slid sideways into a tree.

I tried something different when I plowed the driveway. I used the back blade on the tractor and it leaves a thin layer of snow that freezes over. So this time after blading the snow I put the landscape rake on and went over the plowed areas. It left grooves just like a groomed ski trail. Much better footing to walk on. Next snow I'll try just the rake instead of blading first.

Looks like the next few days are going to be all over the place. At least no volcano is predicted.

LOVE Michigan! Southern Michigan, warmer than Wisconsin or Minnesota, but still four seasons.
And not very many tornadoes, also good. Plenty of water.
No big earthquakes likely, no hurricanes, tsunamis, volcanoes, or drought so bad as to promote wildfires, at least very very seldom.
Should keep this all secret...
Shhhhhh.... :)

I've lived my whole life in Michigan. Plan to stay the rest of it, and be buried here too.

Hi gang!

Well, I am branching off to raise some quail along with my other menagerie. Picking up the cages on Friday, the quail rails for the egg turner is on order. Only thing left to do is order eggs, but I think I'll hold off a bit due to the cold and I haven't decided on the variety yet anyway.
The compromise is that I will be cutting back on the barn yard hens and keeping to the blue Sumatra and faverolles. If anyone wants a beautiful roo, I have several of both of these two breeds to choose from. They will be headed to freezer camp soon!
I also have a few mini rex bunny's if anyone is interested. Some of the rabbits don't have the proper coat, but if you want a good poop machine or one for the freezer, let me know! I processed 4 bucks on Saturday, cleaned all the cages and bagged up pellets for the garden on Sunday. Always nice to get projects done.

My new job has me working 2nd shift and then 6 hrs. almost every weekend. This last weekend was the first full weekend off in quite a while. I am still looking for something more my style and better hours. I'm trying to remain hopeful that I'll be able to get back into the type of work I enjoy doing. Seems like my career path is going the wrong direction. It used to be a 6 figure job, but the wage has gone down as I have advanced in the field. I'm seeing the bottom side of it in my current job and I'm wondering now if I shouldn't be doing something else!

I haven't been on much- are we still shooting for chicken stock this year or have we delayed it again due to covid?

Take care

Back
Top Bottom