Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Oh, Lord, what a trip!
Never under estimate a cell phone on a towel over the toilet tank!
My new 2 month cell phone slid from the towel over the toilet tank and dropped into the bowl. Dried it quickly with hair drier and it worked fine. The next day, no sound at all. Lost calls, notifications of texts,music in my truck, completely aweful!
Orlando has changed a lot but ate like the world was ending. First night had "mofongo" (mashed fried plantains) with fish (red snaper). Then next day had rice with chicken, stewed beans and avocado slices at my in-laws. Then Wednesday we took them to the best "lechonera" (pork bbq place) and I had ricce with black beans, pork ribs, fried sweet plantains (ripe). On wednesday morning,headed to Tampa to see my sister and brother on my birth mother side. (Cannot call her mom since she gave me away) It was amazing. Met her hubby. He is american but parents are from Bangladesh. Saw their kids (adopted for my sister cannot have kids). Had a little lunch of fried chickens, turkey sliders,fruits and other stuff like potatoe salad, cole slaw, and macaroni salad.
Then late in evening, we went to their diner. I just wanted cheese cake. It is the best cheese cake I have ever had. However, I ordered chicken parm. She ordered shrimp alfredo and chicken marsala. Hub and brother had the steak and fish. I ate of all of them. I honestly could had died and die happy. My sister and brother talked to me about things that I am still processing. It is hard to grow up alone and then have family. Very intense. We began our north hournet Thursday morning. Took a toll on us through the hills of Chatanooga, so we spent the night there. Friday, headed north and then west. Stopped at Ft Campbell. Felt very good to be at my last duty station. I even had lunch at Pancho Villa Grill where I ate many times while in duty there. Stopped at the surplus and bought a lot of stuff. Then headed to the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY. Stupid cell not working. Took a lot of pictures and they disappeared. Then headed back north-east to 65N. Then at end of KY, I think Elizabethtown, cell got its sound. Yeah! Music in my truck through bluetooth and google map to tell me where to go. Just as about to cross the state line, snowing. I was like, wtc!. It was like that all through Indiana and Michigan. Pulled into driveway at 610am on Saturday. All bags inside, took a shower and went to bed. Up by 11am. Made beans soup and back to bed. Girls were excited to see me but one. P3 peck at me Saturday and today also. I guess she is the only one holding a grudge at me for being away for a week.
I will try to post the few pictures that I still have later on. Still tired from the drive but will do it again soon. No planes for me,lol

Catch up later!

Sounds like a good, but exhausting trip, Dreamz.

To welcome you home, Mother Nature is going to play nice with the weather this week.

I hope I'm going to be able to turn the compost by next weekend. Maybe dig a bit in the garden too.

@Sally PB If you are not used to do long driving, yes. I wasz tired but it was because I wanted to do so many things and go so many places,lol But I am going back in a few. I will stay at a hotel because I do not want to stay in nobody's house but my sister wants to have me to herself and I think I would like that too to see where that takes us in our new relationship.
I always knew of their existence but we grew separated. Their dad was a nurse at the hospital my birth mom was giving birth to me to give me in adoption and they fell in love or what ever and they had 3 kids. Nobody knows where the other sister is.

Welcome, I am also in Michigan and my Barred Rocks do well in our weather. They are cold hardy but also tolerant of the summer heat with some shade and water.

:frow Hi from another Michigander! (Michihen?)

Stop by the Michigan thread and say hi. Several regulars there, and we plan to have a get together June 25th.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/michigan-thread-all-are-welcome.697050/page-5239

So I have been told🤓 woke up to an inch or so of new snow and it has snowed lightly all day, so I'm guessing about three total.
I totally want it to be the last snow, last freeze even, but we usually don't get that until May. I would settle for sunshine and warmer temps to at least go outside😎

Back
Top Bottom