Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

11 years on here. I think that's when I went to my first Chickenstock. Like all you we've been super busy on the farm. Just hauled 4 more full grown rescue goats home (not planned) as the owner was in a bad spot and baby goats are being born also (planned) so, yeah, we are over-run as usual. Some days are better than others but the alternative is worse, just saying.

Radar doesn't show it getting up to you....we got 0.03" so far.
Maybe 1/8" fell. Pinning my hopes on tomorrow or Friday.

This made me smile today. A 10 gram fairy egg.
IMG_2369.JPG

I'm having fun thinking about new possibilities! My next door neighbor just said she heard the field behind us is going for sale soon. She wants to buy it to keep it a field and maybe encourage wild birds (it has sandhill cranes and turkeys already). She is the one who took care of my chickens while we were gone and wants to get her own chickens.

She put in a mini orchard this spring too, and is putting a vegetable garden in.

I suggested renting a bit behind us for a garden and she said no rent just do whatever I wanted.

I won't because I'm sure she has no idea what I "want" to do. We've talked about quite a few things I'd like to do here so she knows the small scale stuff but that's all.

But, I could have a run for the chickens:celebrate

And grow out some cockerels.
And start a lot more chicks!!!!

Besides a bigger orchard, a berry patch, tomatoes enough to can, squash,

I know she doesn't have it yet, much less weighing how cautious to be about investing on someone else's land.

But, but, but, a run ... sigh.

Back
Top Bottom