Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

The good news is the bad news wasn't that bad. Some of the questionable tomato plants that I figured were dead looked much better yesterday. I have 10 purchased plants left over. I have places to put them if everything else survives.

In really bad news, the local news said kudzu is moving into Michigan. I thought our winter lows killed stuff like that back, making it not a problem. We'll see...

Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like summer came in like a lion.
Hope I can make it to chicken stock this year, but things aren't like they used to be for me. Even though I am unemployed again, I am busier than ever. Still packing up the house hold and we are working on finishing the attic to add value to the house. If anyone is looking for a homestead, in the Jackson/AA area, keep me in mind come spring '24.
I did hatch new chicks this year, Faverolle and blue Sumatras. Many of the Sumatra will be a mix between black, blue and white splash (which are very pretty birds) oh and I have an odd ball sumatra/faverolle cross chick. If someone wants a few chicks I could bring some by request. Also - I will have quail eggs, so I guess I could bring some of those for eating or your hatching pleasure.

And... 38 - 2 = 36. Which was the temp at the house. The air temp down in the garden was 27, and I lost some tomatoes and peppers and all the squash to frost.

Bought some more. Feel really dumb.
Ouch! I did the same thing. Luckily I had most of the tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse, but I lost all squash and all of my heritage pumpkin. The growing season here isn’t long enough to start from seed at this point. Butternut is a bit faster so I may try that instead; I have 4 seeds left so wish me luck 😊

Back
Top Bottom