Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Well, finished the tomatoes and only did 3 rows of bell peppers. Then on another dee bed, planted yellow onions and potatoes. I am so exhausted 😩
20230603_134752.jpg
20230603_134750.jpg
20230603_133417.jpg

Would it be OK to switch nesting box for Lupita? She's in a double and the single one is roomier for the little peeps when they come. Also lower so they can go in and out easier. Hatching should be between the 6th and the 8th of June.

If you do try to relocate her, do it after dark. Usually I reach under and gently remove the eggs and place them in the new nest, then again slowly and gently pick the hen up and put her in the new box. Sometimes I will cover the front with something dark for a few minutes to let her settle back down on her eggs.
Once they feel the warm eggs underneath them, they'll usually settle down.
It's always possible that doing so may throw her off and she may stop sitting.

If you do try to relocate her, do it after dark. Usually I reach under and gently remove the eggs and place them in the new nest, then again slowly and gently pick the hen up and put her in the new box. Sometimes I will cover the front with something dark for a few minutes to let her settle back down on her eggs.
Once they feel the warm eggs underneath them, they'll usually settle down.
It's always possible that doing so may throw her off and she may stop sitting.
I agree with this. ^^^^

Was just thinking of switching boxes but leaving everything else in the same place. But at this length, might be too late. I do not want to break her cycle. I do check on her daily and pet her even if she growls,lol She was out yesterday dusting in front of the coop with Pitbull next to her. He is so good. Brings her feathers and stuff to the coop and checks on her constantly. I love my Pitbull!

This is what's growing in our garden.
The perrenials are asparagus, rhubarb, strawberries and walking onions.
Annuals are sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, lima and green beans, tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers, three varieties of lettuce, radishes, peas, eggplant, watermelons, cantalopes, sweet corn, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, red beets and carrots is what comes to mind.

This is what's growing in our garden.
The perrenials are asparagus, rhubarb, strawberries and walking onions.
Annuals are sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, lima and green beans, tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers, three varieties of lettuce, radishes, peas, eggplant, watermelons, cantalopes, sweet corn, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, red beets and carrots is what comes to mind.
So strawberries come back every year?

Back
Top Bottom