Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I've had a few interesting bird encounters recently.
Bird number one - caught in a fishing line, we netted it , hauled him out of the water, and remove the line and hook. Bird had a leg tag. Turns out it's 16 years old, tagged 15 years ago around 50 mi north of us.View attachment 3721188
Where are you at where you are around brown pelicans? We see lots of them when we're in the Keys. There is a wonderful bird sanctuary in Marathon that has some great tips for fishermen and rescuers about hooks and pelicans. Sadly, many of them die because the hook tears through their pouch. I'm so glad you were able to get both of these the help they needed!

Anyone wanting to take in a single Rhode Island Red hen? She is about a year old. Our flock were all roosters except her and we got rid of the roosters cause of them being so many but now it's just her left. We don't want her to be alone anymore and think she would do better in a flock. I'm in southwest mi over in Kalamazoo area

Anyone wanting to take in a single Rhode Island Red hen? She is about a year old. Our flock were all roosters except her and we got rid of the roosters cause of them being so many but now it's just her left. We don't want her to be alone anymore and think she would do better in a flock. I'm in southwest mi over in Kalamazoo area
Can you add a picture?

The Falcon plow flies today! About 5" of heavy, wet snow out there.
IMG_E5528.JPG

Back
Top Bottom