Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Frozen water line this morning, fortunately not a major problem, and the well repair guys came right out. Country living, it's the best, except sometimes.
Now a faucet is running slowly until I get the heat tape here and installed, as a quick fix. our well pump is grandfathered in a poor location, and sometimes things just don't go right out there.
And it's cold outside!
Mary

Was definately cold today. Froze both water bowls. Brought one in for thawing overnight and tomorrow I'll bring the second in after taking the first back out with fresh water. Birds got a little free range.. Well some of them. Half I tried pushing out but they came back in and was like "not happening human" and went back up onto their roosts. I will say geese are gutsy lol atleast our female is. She was sitting infront of the water bowl and decided to bath herself. Crazy girl.

Um excuse me girls! You cannot sleep outside roosts in the run in negative temps tonight with our current set up XD Are they crazy?!? Tonight 8F but with a real feel of -8 and 18 mph wind gusts! Like no way! They got put inside and the coop has been shut for the night.

I felt bad disturbing them but I cannot in comfort lock them outside all night even with a dog igloo with straw And because the winds are coming from the south west which isn't fully blocked off I don't feel comfortable leaving the coop door open tonight.

I think they were out there because we disturbed the coop and locked them out to insulate a wall with a door to cut off the draft. We used feed bags and shredded paper. Should be warmer. But hopefully this doesnt start a trend of them trying to sleep outside. Atleast not till temps are above 30 lol.

Back
Top Bottom