Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone knows of a dog kennel or nice doghouse for sale, let me know. Now that Wayne isn't around, on long days like parent-teacher conferences, I'll need to have the dog in a kennel.

Well I'm pretty lucky I got out earlier in the day before the roads got really bad.

What was supposed to be 8 chicks (7 for BF's friend, 1 for us) turned to 10... then 12, and that's where it stopped thankfully.
roll.png
We picked 8 chicks from a bin of light brahmas and 4 from the red pullets bin (no idea on specific breeds). They're all happy and cheeping in the basement now, as the garage is far too cold.

We went out for dinner with BF's parents and had an icy drive home and saw that they were detouring people off of I-75. Hopefully the roads can get cleared for safe driving soon.

Quote:
Thanks! We check that a couple of times a day for lots of stuff but must have missed that.

Picked up a new rabbit today. Elvis is sooo happy!! He has someone to "talk" to on the other side of the fence. Poor guy has been so lonely and looking depressed since I had to take Gizmo in the house a month before he died. Maybe if it's not too muddy I'll let them run around in the dog kennel!

Tomorrow I get the ducks from Kim. SO excited! Hope we're still on for 3 because I don't think I can wait much longer. I'm like a kid at Christmas
big_smile.png
wee.gif
woot.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

Three o clock., I have to figure out where Sams Club is...and Im an hour from there- so how bad are the roads? I am trying to figure out what time I leave here. AND I dont see anyone volunteering to help me catch any of these critters...I live in a swamp now hidden by snow.

lol.

Waterpixie- three o clock, correct? Thats when I will be there. In an Explorer- I think its an explorer..a dark blue one. I will have my hubby with me who will probably be there stressing over duck feathers and chicken poop in his truck.

This morning's white blanket is once again a reminder that here in Michigan the calendar doesn't matter. The calendar claims spring is just 16 days away but do any of you truly expect it.
I've got to go out and shovel the drive and sidewalks in a little while. They need to be clean to make it a little safer for getting Granny into truck. Since today is Sunday she will want to go to church. I walk her right into the building so that I can be sure she doesn't fall. I also have to worry that the church's roof doesn't fall on me. The folks at her church are very nice but they still don't understand why I won't stay with Granny for their services. Probably they'd quit asking if I told them Granny raised a heathen.

Sam,

They wonder the same at my daughters' church...I drop them off, pick them up, and so far have avoided lightening bolts.

Dawn- we will find it. And you.
Cellphone number for you and Keyt (and everyone else, lol):

I hope I can fit the drake and ducks in my dog crate.

When my now hubby and I were first dating we showed up on the back of my MIL & FIL's church bulletin in the "pray for" section quite often. Seemed like everyone else's family members rotated through but us? We were always on there. To this day I'm not sure if they were praying that DH would break up with the heathen or that the heathen would come to the light, but it's been more than a decade now and I haven't looked at the bulletin in a real long time to see whether or not we're still always on it. Probably, as the prayers haven't worked no matter which it was.
lau.gif

Right around the same time, they first requested that we host their monthly game night when we first moved into our new house so they could see it -- no problem, we were happy to -- and then came back a week before the scheduled event and said wait, no, nevermind, they couldn't have it here because we were "living in sin" (we weren't married at that point...)
hu.gif
Okay, whatever. But then WHY did you ASK about having it here?
roll.png

As for spring, I don't expect it but I'll most certainly keep hoping and wishing for it with all my might!
fl.gif

25 Days Until April 1

And the geese are laying eggs everyday now. It HAS to come sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom