Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: do any of you have any girls that like to sprawl out and take a nap? one of my BR's was sprawled out on the coop floor yesterday and I about had a heart attack.....until she pecked my hand, and strutted away. (I really need to take my camera next time I go to the coop)

Quote:
There's been a few times I thought my chickens were dead ... but they weren't. Just napping. Flat on face, wings stretched out to the side and legs splayed behind. When I go over to poke them, to see if they are alive, they give me a look like "leave me alone" and return to their nap position

Quote:
There's been a few times I thought my chickens were dead ... but they weren't. Just napping. Flat on face, wings stretched out to the side and legs splayed behind. When I go over to poke them, to see if they are alive, they give me a look like "leave me alone" and return to their nap position

Ok....so it's not just my crazy birds. I can deal with that LOL

The dead chicken posture is very common, yet I constantly find myself checking to make sure that they aren't actually dead. I guess they just want to make sure that se are paying attention to them.

My granddaughter will be turning 13 on the 13th and each year I'm finding it harder and harder to get her something for her birthday. Last year I sent her a large bouquet of Peruvian lilies and she was absolutely thrilled. The amazing thing was how long they lasted. This year I thought I'd send her flowers once again but I wanted to one up last year. I'm not sure if she will like them but I ordered her a pair of socks. http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/knee-highs/toesox-striped-knee-high-with-grips

Quote:
Oh bummer. Too far away for me too! I desperately need more chickens but looks like I'll have to wait til next year
hit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom