Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of hatching eggs, I may have purebred Araucana hatching eggs this spring if anyone is interested. Since this is my first time with Araucanas, I'll definitely incubate a batch beforehand to make sure they're viable (and also because I love hatching chicks, squee!).

Does someone have a picture of a barnvelder rooster at about 4 months old? I bought a young pair and just want to make sure mine is a barnvelder and not a Wellsummers.
Also my neighbor brought me over a hen the other day. He has no clue what it is and neither do I. It is white , rumpless, pea comb, but no tufts. I would post a picture but haven't figured out how to do it with my iPhone. Any suggestions?
Here are a couple new pictures of the rooster and the white hen I was talking about.
108047_img_0337.jpg

108047_img_0339.jpg

108047_img_0341.jpg

108047_img_0340.jpg

Any help on what the hen might be?

Last edited:
Quote:
You can probably upload the photos straight from your iphone to Facebook, Instagram or any number of other hosts and then just link them here. Not sure if you can upload directly from iPhone to here, but you could try that, too.

As for the Barnevelder/Welsummer... I guess I could be mistaken, I don't know much about Welsummers. But Barnevelders are a variation of Partridge while Welsummers are Black/Red, right? There really shouldn't be any question if that's the case... should there?

Quote:
You can probably upload the photos straight from your iphone to Facebook, Instagram or any number of other hosts and then just link them here. Not sure if you can upload directly from iPhone to here, but you could try that, too.

As for the Barnevelder/Welsummer... I guess I could be mistaken, I don't know much about Welsummers. But Barnevelders are a variation of Partridge while Welsummers are Black/Red, right? There really shouldn't be any question if that's the case... should there?

No it won't upload from my phone. I tried it. And I don't know anything about the others things you said. I am on Facebook but don't know how to do what you are saying lol.

Quote:

No it won't upload from my phone. I tried it. And I don't know anything about the others things you said. I am on Facebook but don't know how to do what you are saying lol.

Instagram is a free app. You can take pictures, run them through filters and upload them. Kind of a virtual photo album.

But if you're on facebook no need to join something else. There should be a share option on your pictures. I don't have an iPhone yet (we're on Sprint so they just became available) so I don't know the exact path. But probably, try opening up the picture you want to share and opening up your menu/options. In there it should give you an option to share to facebook.

Quote:

Instagram is a free app. You can take pictures, run them through filters and upload them. Kind of a virtual photo album.

But if you're on facebook no need to join something else. There should be a share option on your pictures. I don't have an iPhone yet (we're on Sprint so they just became available) so I don't know the exact path. But probably, try opening up the picture you want to share and opening up your menu/options. In there it should give you an option to share to facebook.

I will try this.

I have a question for Polish owners. Are they are friendly breed? Are they easy going birds? How are they with other birds? I was thinking of getting a chick or two in a couple weeks. They will be a couple days old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom