Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellos to the Michigan thread!

I'm brand-new to byc, wanted to pop in and see what Michiganders are up to.

Anyone else in Detroit?
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Anyone else in Detroit?

Welcome! There's a few of us in SE Mi. See my signature for the member list and post to add your name if you would like to be included.

Anyone else in Detroit?
Welcome Gallo...this a fu place to be
highfive.gif

Dry Dry Dry,,, HOT HOT HOT,,,not a good time to have your well go out, hop you don't live on clay digging up this time of year is like digging into rock I try to keep jugs of water in the freezer cause we have had that happen before too...
Babygirl, hope ins. covers some consider that flood damage and won't.......good luck drying the rug, do you have a window you can open with this heat it should dry fast

Welcome! There's a few of us in SE Mi. See my signature for the member list and post to add your name if you would like to be included.

Editing my post didn't work on my phone so I'm resorting to quoting myself. The first post lists all the names then it also has a list sorted by location. Just keep scrolling.

Four months into the process, and we're at seven Australorps (6hens,1roo) and ten Coturnixes (6hens,2roos, + 2mysteries).

I'm split on whether to pick up an incubator for the quail eggs or to try and find someone who's got a couple broody non-standard Nankins they don't care to breed. If the quail survival rates weren't so bad I'd automatically try a bantam and cut out the electricity reliance, but I've heard the chicks are awfully suicidal...

Once we replace the back chain link with a cinder block wall I'd like to add a few Muscovies or a pair of Sebastopol. Anyone know which would be less mess/noise for the meat?

Thanks for the welcome! Anyone with tips for low-key urban setups can feel free to toss them my way!

Last edited:
Once we replace the back chain link with a cinder block wall I'd like to add a few Muscovies or a pair of Sebastopol. Anyone know which would be less mess/noise for the meat?
Hello! I have had all sorts, and right now, the easiest and the quietest are the Muscovies. The males make a soft hissing sound, and the females "trill". Very sweet sounds.

AAARGH! Just spilled blackberry cobbler all over the keyboard.

okay, I licked it up.

We love the meat, although I prefer the breast of the Welsh Harlequin (only slightly) more.

Ummm.....anyone want to split some LF BLRW?
hide.gif
DieFlyRanch (shanshan51 I think?) has up to 25 if we bought/shipped today (from California). I only want 6, but I can't completely justify spending $50 in shipping costs for 6 birds. I have to leave for work at 330......so pm me if you want. I can meet in Cadillac/Traverse City/South Boardman areas.
smile.png

Not doing it. As others pointed out, it's hot. I don't want to risk cooking precious lil babies just to indulge my lack of patience.

Last edited:
Ummm.....anyone want to split some LF BLRW?
hide.gif
DieFlyRanch (shanshan51 I think?) has up to 25 if we bought/shipped today (from California). I only want 6, but I can't completely justify spending $50 in shipping costs for 6 birds. I have to leave for work at 330......so pm me if you want. I can meet in Cadillac/Traverse City/South Boardman areas.
smile.png
It seems really really hot to ship chicks. Is anyone else shipping chicks right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom