Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxes are my big worry too.

Boyd, I may need one of those chicken diapers also. Over a month ago I ipcked up 3 EE pullets at a local farm store (they originally came from Townline). They were extremely flighty, and I was very concerned about the social skills with us humans. I should not have worried. They are turned out in a chicken tractor with 43 CX, and they now LOVE me. One in particular kept flying onto the roof of the tractor so that she could climb back on my shoulder. She also just loves to be cuddled and petted. Not what I expected from my EE's at all. She is becoming quite obnoxious....in a very good way. She's never tried to groom my eyelashes though.....hmm

My Dixie Rainbows arrived today! They are doing very well, even better than my colored range birds from J&M. They seem much more alert and were diving right into the water and feed (without any almost drownings). I even through a couple in with my Javas so that I can compare the growth rate of the Javas side by side. It will be interesting to see how it goes!

D.gif

luckily its only the 1 that does that. I know that when he's 10+ pounds it may be a pain but what the hay. He's a cutie, and thinks he's a puppy with wings. As long as he doesn't eat my eyes
smile.png

Could it also be the reflection in my glasses he wants? I know my birds like shiny things.

So Boyd someone is getting Mountain Eggs from the guy I am getting my Valley Quail from I am thinking I just may have to get a few eggs and try my hand at them LOL CAN YOU SEE THE GREEN EYED MONSTER I am not looking in the mirror so I can't see it
lau.gif

Quote:
muahahahahah so you too are getting obsessed
smile.png

Here's some quail humor for you then. Had to splice 2 diff comics together, but it was a quick photoshop job
smile.png

walkdaplank.jpg

Morning everyone!
Looks like a great day!

We are having a little party to say goodbye to one of my kiddos who is moving on to first grade, today will be her last day. Of course she will be back for visits.

I have no kids tomorrow (except my 3) so I get a 3 day weekend! Woo Hoo!

Have a great day!

Man, i feel horrible this morning
sad.png
I guess my body can't handle bacardi like it could 10 years ago. My buddy had the day off work so he invited me to go with him to the Tigers Game. Thinking of leaving in 20 minutes or so.

Just hope my head doesn't explode all over 3rd baseline
smile.png

I was just checking out the Michigan Chickenstock thread and was saddened to see how few of you have indicated that you plan to attend. It sure will be a good oportunity to meet all that we have come to know via BYC. Lots of people talked about how nice it would be if this could happen, well now it's a reality. Maybe I have become the ultimate thread killer by saying that I will be there. If so, somebody please let me know so that the rest of you can meet and have a good time.

Lol Opa, not a thread killer, I just think that summertime has become the vacation and get everything out of the way time for people.

Being laid off has shown me how hectic and hurried everyone is. I am actually grateful for having time to reflect and heal.

People in general are always in a hurry, hurry to work, hurry home, hurry to the movies, cook tv dinners because its faster..... arg, sorry to go off unrelated
sad.png

It's not you, it's me
smile.png
I promised my cooking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom