Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Sorry about that...hope it all works out.
hmm.png

Good Morning All
big_smile.png

MJ---that is exciting that you got a little chicken plucker!!! I have seen the whiz bang plucker on the internet, but it looked like and old fashioned wash machine type thing. Looks like I won't have to come help you out, though if you ever get in the mood to get back to the basics, I'd still like to learn.

Prayers to all that are feeling punky. I had a cold last week and it has passed onto oldest DD.

Quote:
tongue2.gif

i was waiting for somebody to call me out on that
smile.png
It's drizzling out. but not as cold as it has been most mornings.

Hi Everyone
worked this morning, when out to Burton and lapree, boy 69 is still being worked on, i wonder when it will be done.

it rained really hard here last night,

didn't hear about the frost worry, it was kind of warm out last night, not as cold as it has been at night.

MJ glad to hear your fingers are back up a going, sorry to hear about Rick hope he feels better soon.

Boy Beef Veg soup sounds really good right now.

pop.gif
I heard on the radio when i was in the car, at this time of the year, Why do people eat more??? does any one think the know why!!!!

D.gif
Who is all going to the Fowlefest in Oct, ?

well, i slept the day away. just getting up. got up and did half the chicken chores. then all of a sudden i felt 'it'. that oh my gosh, i'm gonna throw up feeling. oh yeah. it was fabulous.

going to the doc tomorrow because Elizabeth's pediatrician called to say she has tests that came back positive for H-Pylori and that Rick and i need to be tested since we are sick. ugh. (a flu-like bug) oh, yea! how exciting. oh, you all KNOW you are jealous!
tongue.gif

my stomach is in a knot, my fever is just craptacular. i have chills and am weak. and it's going around. thought i would just pass the word.

it's the crud alright. the back to school special. someone pass me a Tylenol and a diet Vernors. waaaaaah.
hit.gif

whatev. at least my fingers work again!

Laura....people eat more to store fat for winter in case we don't have food? that's my guess. or because they are depressed with the lack of sunlight.

heck yes, i am going to FowlFest!!!

Boyd
, yer a dork!
bun.gif

<------------------------ sass-a-rific even when she has H-Pylori, apparently.

Last edited:
Hi everyone
i have update from the city deaprtments.Health department referred me to the city legal department.And the answer is NO becasue chickens attract rodents and rats.
I tried to convince the attonrey but she was pretty stern saying that no matter how you feed them , we already have rodent problem and you can see city council if you want by but they are not interesting in amending any city laws.
When I mentioned that city laws mentions that you cannot keep fowl unless you have permitt.So how about giving permit if the applicant can prove him or herself to be educated enough and worthy enough to keep chickens.She said they have given only two permits in last 26 years.One to a blind girl for keeping pony for her needs and second to someone to help baby racoon abondoned by her mother.
So she recommended me to go to city council, whos meeting is tonight but their answer is already the same as city attorney told me" chickens attract rodents and mice" that why farmers keep cats to catch mice.
And she says that RTFA doesnt help me because my land is not agriclutural land.
It looks like there is no hope.

oh, Soomi, i am so sorry to read this! when we lived in Eastpointe, we couldn't feed birds because of the rat population. it was crazy bad.

so sorry!!!!!
hugs.gif
my guess is because of the food that is available then for attracting rodents? darn!

There is case law at the Michigan court of appeals that specifically states that no mater what “zone” or the size of your property that as long as you are producing farm products (eggs) and selling or attempting to sell for a profit (put a sign out that sais “Farm Fresh Eggs $2.50 a Dozen” or something of the sort) and you follow “Michigan Department of Agriculture’s Generally Accepted Agriculture and Management Practices (available on Michigan.gov) The local municipalities can not impose or enforce any law/ordinance that contradicts the Michigan Right to Farm Act.

I have put my letter and supporting documentation in front of a friend of mine that is a lawyer for a few municipalities and his impression is that the township is probably going to resist a bit more but does not have much ground to stand on.

Made me feel good, but I am not going to count my chickens before they hatch.......
jumpy.gif

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Soomi,

Perhaps you should get with Produck and draft a letter similar to his! It sounds like he has done all the research!! It might just back them down!! It would be great if you had a lawyer to send it for you, but those cost money.
hmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom