Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I do not know what you think is rare but I have 2 Dominique Roosters free to a good home.

Dawn

Well, heck, I have a couple of those rare pointy butt cochin roosters you can have, too. And a silver Ameraucana with a big floppy comb . . .

Good Morning everyone!

I heard a rumor that there are actually chickens that lay eggs!!!! I wouldn't know. I have gotten a chicken egg in months. Still love the girls, but it sure stinks buying eggs when I feed freeloaders every day. Duck eggs- I get duck eggs. I think the chickens believe that since the ducks are laying, they dont have to do it anymore.

Since I have all nonproductive chickens anyhow, if anyone has a silkie- female- that they would like to be rehomed, you can send her my way. I figure that my nonproductive frizzle would appreciate someone to snuggle up with this winter.

Vicki!!!! I keep forgetting to tell you that the black and white female pigeon that you picked up for me stayed around after her wing feathers grew back in- and kept my lonely male company, and life was great...until she flew away for a week. She came back, but she brought her riff-raff boyfriend with her. Common everyday male pigeon.
smack.gif

My husband is leaving for Tennesee in a few minutes. he is going to visit my dad. I have a weekend of kid fun planned. Cider mill, hay rides, ice skating.
smile.png
Should be fun. Sunday, we are driving to Spring Arbor to visit my brother and join him at whatever cider mill he chooses. Should be a good time.

Everyone have a great day!

Good Friday Morning everyone!!!!! Got my workout in this morning and it has been almost a week of keeping a food journal. Hopefully we can get some time for fall clean up around the yard. We still have a huge project to do before the snow flies. 1 new window to replace the broken one, a sliding glass door and a nice big deck coming off of that. Windows are ordered just need to get the lumber ordered and we can start.

My mother gets to join the ranks of chicken keeprs this weekend! One of our Black Stars was getting beat up pretty bad by the other laying hens. We put her in with the cochins and while they ignore her, she is terrified of them. My mother felt sorry for the hen and offered to take her. So, she's coming to get her this weekend and taker her back to Saline. The chicken will be kept in a rabbit hutch inside the house during the day and my mother will let her out in the evenings when she is home. because she's been beat up so bad, she's pretty docile.

Anyone have indoor chickens and have advice for her? I'm putting together a "starter package" of spare feeder, waterer, food, grit, oyster shell and scratch feed. My current gold comets got their start in her kitchen in the same rabbit hutch as a brooder so she's not a total chicken newbie.

Thanks

Quote:
The seramas I got from you are still my faves!!! Pretty Boy still thinks he's king. He's funny lately, when he crows he sounds like he has a sore throat. Or sometimes he'll stand on his tip toes and stretch his neck out to crow but nothing comes out. He makes us laugh every day!!! If I had money I'd like a couple more!!

The quails are a totally different story. They don't like ANYONE!!!

It has been two long weeks back to back. My horseback riding buddy took a bad fall of my Mom's horse with led to emergency surgery. My dad had an on the job injury and landed himself in the hospital about the time that my friend got to go home. Now my Dad is home and a family elderly friend of mine fell and broke her hip. Back to the hospital. So that is all the people drama I have been dealing with now for the Rooster drama. Yesterday I went out to feed all my lovely hens, and the roos. As I was about to feed the Sexlinked hen and Roos I spot a egg on the ground I reach down I pick it up and one of the roos runs over and laches on to the back of my hand.
rant.gif
somad.gif
He draw blood!!! This is not the first time one of the evil brothers has attacked me. Tall rubber boots
thumbsup.gif
. These evil birds GOT TO GO! They have even attacked other birds. I am not good with Blood
th.gif
so I am not going to try to take care of the myself.
hu.gif
Can't find anyone in my area that will take care of these 5 evil roos for me.
idunno.gif

Dawn

Dawn, can you not bring yourself to send them to freezer camp? If you can't do it in a traditional way, do you have a .22? It's quicker and easier to pull a trigger and usually people who cannot kill with an ax or knife have an easier time with a gun.

If not try putting them on craigslist in both the farm and free sections.

I thinking about getting guineas in the spring. Does anyone have any?? Any favorite breeds? I want them for bug control in the garden. Are they much different from chickens? Do they need extra care and a separate coop?? Btw my sister says they're delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom