Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
by now the rooster would have bigger combs

I know...I'm in denial of my wing sexing being wrong.....lol

6 Days Until April 1!

Jen -- At that age you don't need them vent sexed. Can you post pictures?

M2 -- What kind of bator are you using? Do you have just the one thermometer?

cmitch - Welcome to the MI thread! Good luck with your hen. Opa gave some excellent advice. How long have you had her quarantined?

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR MEET AND GREET WITH KORN IN
SAGINAW, MI ON MAR 25th

Pick up your meet & greet pass at the venue's BOX OFFICE on the Korn guest
list AT 6.00PM.
Photo ID will be required.
Meet and greet will be at 8.30PM. More information (meeting point) will be
provided on a note along with your pass.

Rock on !
-Korn/Modlife

Sorry for the momentary outburst! I'm just so excited I'll get the chance to meet my favorite band and hopefully get my drawings autographed by them tomorrow night!

Now back to the regular scheduled programming...

Last edited:
Quote:
I feel horrible for you. I never even considered all those bad things happening and frankly...I think I would feel the same way. I am SO sorry. Can you tell me what type of incubator you used? Was this your first hatch?? I did recently see a good post on BYC....troubleshooting incubation problems. I can't tell you exactly how to find it but it goes thru bad results and possible causes. I'll try to find it again or you can check. Maybe someone here with incubating experience can tell you what might have happened.

mom 2 em all.. sorry about the chick.
Hopefully your wrath will make him second guess going after more.

Quote:
No....I can't post pictures...cause then I'll have to face the truth
lol.png
tongue.png
Yeah, I'll see about snapping some later today. I "supposedly" kept 5 pullets and 2 cockerels out of my 01/29 hatch...yeah....NO. Looks like 1, maybe 2, pullets. $!%&!
barnie.gif
Guess I won't be wing sexing anymore!!! lol This is why I need to learn to vent sex...
lol.png

Quote:
It sounds like the humidity is too high. There is a salt test you can do to test your humidity thermometers. It depends where you live and what your humidity is like in the room your using to hatch in. I found that out by accident.
smile.png
Mine is around 40 to 50 percent during the winter and the summer it's much higher. ( I dont hatch during the summer anymore. ) So, I keep the humidity in the incubator no lower than 10 percent during the first 18 days. ( no higher than 30 percent.) Day 18, I add enough water to get the humidity to around 60 percent and just leave it alone. Once eggs start hatching it bumps up to 70/80 percent. ( sometimes slightly higher.)
I've also watch the air sacs during the first 18 days. If they look too small, then don't add any water, and let it dry out a little. If they are too large, then I know to add some water. If that makes sense. It's been trial and error for me, but I kept good notes. Looking back thru them helped me a lot.

Bluemoon

Mom2...I found what may help you.
www.edis.ifas.ufl.edu it was recommended on BYC to troubleshoot hatch problems. When I went and looked at it (I bookmarked the site) it sounds like what MAY have happened was one of the following:
1. Omphalitis....caused from dirty eggs or unsanitary machine
2. Low temp
3. High humidity
4. Inadequate ventilation
Go to the site and read through it. I HOPE this happens rarely...it scares me for sure. If that happens to me I will be posting my new Brinsea for sale. Big healing hug
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom