Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to touch the *cough* content *cough* of this ad with a thirty foot pole
roll.png
but seems like someone here was looking for a silkie roo?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/2284433620.html

Michiganwrangler....what Olive said is right on. We are ALL concerned about you. It is normal to grieve after a loss of a loved one but everyone needs a hand to hold sometimes. We are here for you but you may need more than just a "sounding" board. Please do check into a grief support group, or a counselor or a pastor. My church friends have really helped me (and my faith) during rough times but I realize that may not be what YOU need. Not sure where you live in north Michigan...maybe we can meet sometime for lunch or something.??

Went to TSC and picked up feed. I think I must have walked by the stock tanks a dozen times. The ameraucans almost got me but I escaped with just feed.

Quote:
None. BTW, my incubator was bought last winter new and is a forced air Top Hatch/ Quite nice actually.

Being put in my incubator is a death senrence for eggs. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've calibrated the thermostate and thermometer, keep water in the tray, put the plugs in for lockdown for humidity while leaving one open for some ventiliation, start with a clean incubator and eggs, don't open it more than I have to. Eggs develop, they make it to day 21 and nothing. They all pip and then die regardless if I help them or not. If I'm patient and wait, they die in the shells. If I'm impatient and try to help them out, they die.

My husband died, my one valuable hen died. Everything I put in the incubator dies, I think one of my cherry tree saplings died over the winter ... Just found out that one of the neighbor's--DH's good friend--has a rapidly growing brain tumor and it's only a matter of time before he dies ...

hugs.gif
I'm so very sorry for what you're going through, but I am concerned about you. Is there someone you might be able to talk to? Are you a church goer? Is there a local pastor you might be able to talk to? Or maybe even a counselor at the school you work at? Can we help you find someone?

As far as the incubator, try a dry hatch -- or even a modified dry hatch. If you want more detailed directions I'd be happy to give them according to what works for me, but you can find lots of info from many sources with a search, too.
smile.png

I appreciate the concern, but I am not Christian so I have no religious person to seek help from. My friends and co-workers are being very supportive of me, but I'm having issues with EMU and registering for classes which is adding to my frustration.

Please don't ask me to find Jesus. I was raised Catholic, I think assorted Christian religions have some merit to them but it's not my path.

Can I get some opinions on the sex of my chicks? Here's a picture of each of the 7 remaining chicks from the hatch I did on 01/29/11
Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

Chick #1
7110_102_0333.jpg

Chick #2
7110_102_0336.jpg

Chick #3
7110_102_0338.jpg

Chick #4
7110_102_0340.jpg

Chick #5 (this one is definately a hen in my opinion, but she did turn her head a bit so you can't see the little comb!)
7110_102_0341.jpg

Chick #6
7110_102_0344.jpg

Chick #7
7110_102_0346.jpg

Any feedback would be awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Quote:
hugs.gif
I'm so very sorry for what you're going through, but I am concerned about you. Is there someone you might be able to talk to? Are you a church goer? Is there a local pastor you might be able to talk to? Or maybe even a counselor at the school you work at? Can we help you find someone?

As far as the incubator, try a dry hatch -- or even a modified dry hatch. If you want more detailed directions I'd be happy to give them according to what works for me, but you can find lots of info from many sources with a search, too.
smile.png

I appreciate the concern, but I am not Christian so I have no religious person to seek help from. My friends and co-workers are being very supportive of me, but I'm having issues with EMU and registering for classes which is adding to my frustration.

Please don't ask me to find Jesus. I was raised Catholic, I think assorted Christian religions have some merit to them but it's not my path.

I hope I haven't offended you. I am not Christian, so can appreciate and understand your desire to stay away from those options. I only mentioned them as they're often the quickest and easiest place to find free or low cost counseling so when it does work with the person's beliefs it's a good thing. Can I help you find a secular counselor? I would be happy to make calls, do searches, etc.

Is there any way the principle or superintendent of your district could petition on your behalf for an extension on your Master's requirements?

If there is anything else you need please don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:
I'd say those are six very handsome little cockerels you've got there. And I would suspect you are right on chick #5, a nice little lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom