Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
fifelakelooper:

I do not know if you know a person who has a chick farm in your area.

He was the contractor who built my house and addition and moved to your area about 10 years ago. He raises chickens by the hundreds and sells them to restaurants.

I think he lives on Lund Road.

Keyt!

Silkies make the best broodies and mothers.
smile.png
My silkie was the best incubator there was! Give her some eggs! My silkie even sat with an inch of snow on her back, never left her nest beside the house, until the babies were hatched.

Quote:
sorry, I just emptied it !!!

I'll be checking BYC one more time before I leave at 11:00. otherwise call my cell #

5 Days Until April 1

There for a while it seemed like we'd never get this close. Looks like tomorrow is going to start another warming trend that should put us in the mid to high 40s by the end of next week. I can deal with that.
big_smile.png

Come on, Spring!!!

In other news, I have so much respect for broody birds. I looked at the calendar today thinking my goose had to be going on her third week on her nest. Nope. She's been there for one week as of yesterday. Poor gal's got a long road ahead of her.
th.gif

Quote:
What a GREAT idea!! I thought you were going to say you were taking them to Florida with you!! I could just picture them with their little sunglasses on heading for the Sunshine State!
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

My impulse purchase of two Pekin ducks two weeks ago has now changed to 1 pekin and 1 runner. The one is quite a bit smaller and starting to feather dark grey on its chest, patches on its head and wings. The Runner is very chatty and as hoping it is a female and pushes the larger pekin around the brooder. I never knew a creature could be so messy and adorable at the same time.

I would really like the ground to thaw outside so I could start working of their yard.

Come on Spring!!

Finally got an egg today - looks like it's from a speckled sussex - haven't had a single egg in 2 weeks! An untimely flockwide molt. Also, a hen went missing yesterday, i think a hawk got her, there's a red tailed hawk nest I can see from the deck in the back and I've seen the hawk flying over quite frequently.
somad.gif
The hen was one of my 2 sussex, so now i have an odd number, that won't do with my OCD. Jen, I may need one or two sussux to avoid counting to one over and over and over and o.......
th.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom