Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I appreciate the concern, but I am not Christian so I have no religious person to seek help from. My friends and co-workers are being very supportive of me, but I'm having issues with EMU and registering for classes which is adding to my frustration.

Please don't ask me to find Jesus. I was raised Catholic, I think assorted Christian religions have some merit to them but it's not my path.

I hope I haven't offended you. I am not Christian, so can appreciate and understand your desire to stay away from those options. I only mentioned them as they're often the quickest and easiest place to find free or low cost counseling so when it does work with the person's beliefs it's a good thing. Can I help you find a secular counselor? I would be happy to make calls, do searches, etc.

Is there any way the principle or superintendent of your district could petition on your behalf for an extension on your Master's requirements?

If there is anything else you need please don't hesitate to ask.

Well...I am a Christian but will not push it on anyone who doesn't believe. I am sure there are non Christian counselors available just like you say....and hopefully some comfort will come Michiganwranglers way.

63299_photo.jpg

Took a break from studying and saw that I had all these feed bags. I must turn on my sewing machine every few months just to make sure it still works.. This is in no way is an indicator of my obsession
hide.gif

I just bags.. a lot!

Quote:
I hope I haven't offended you. I am not Christian, so can appreciate and understand your desire to stay away from those options. I only mentioned them as they're often the quickest and easiest place to find free or low cost counseling so when it does work with the person's beliefs it's a good thing. Can I help you find a secular counselor? I would be happy to make calls, do searches, etc.

Is there any way the principle or superintendent of your district could petition on your behalf for an extension on your Master's requirements?

If there is anything else you need please don't hesitate to ask.

Well...I am a Christian but will not push it on anyone who doesn't believe. I am sure there are non Christian counselors available just like you say....and hopefully some comfort will come Michiganwranglers way.

Actually, financially we're fine. I've always lived by the mindset where if I can't do it myself, then I'm worthless so even when Wayne was alive, I was kinda used to doing my own thing and doing it on my own. He and I weren't a couple that did EVERYTHING together (my neighbors are like that and it drives me a little crazy). I just need to register for classes so I don't lose my teaching license and a man to talk about military strategy and horses would be nice too. I'm not a person who likes to ask for help and I'll get through this and survive the way I always do because that's just what I do. I hate having to depend on other people--as much as I love Wayne he wasn't the most dependable person simply because of his health--so I'm used to depending on myself.

If someone wants to buy a router bench, mortise and tenon thingy and a drill press, that would help me clear room in the garage.

everything I put in the incubator dies too...except my one single frizzle is alive. still. Im in awe. It hadnt even pipped. I helped it out because of frustration that everything else that hatched did so then died.
My duckling, as well during the last-nothing at all hatched- hatch. Doing well. But literally dozens of chicks died and it makes me ill.
That said- SOMEONE PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE hatch me out a splash silkie pullet like my avatar and bring it to Chickenstock and a SHOWGIRL pullet. A white fluffy one. Thats what I want, need, gotta-have.

I do NOT have the heart to try incubating again.

I never had this degree of trouble last year or the year before or before that. Some issues, some deaths, but never mass death. *disclaimer- i just remember the muscovy hatch that wasnt* But even then, they didnt hatch, which is better than hatching then dying.

My muscovy is sitting on eggs on day 3 now.
I WILL have ducklings at Chickenstock. The number remains to be seen- depends on the other two girls and if they decide to go broody in time.

I just candled my eggs and I have 12/15 fertile so far. Have hope!!

I made another bag, this one it taller and looks like a grocery store bag
smile.png

Just curious, has anyone had success with broody silkies? I have one that has been sitting on EVERYONE'S eggs. I have been collecting them then she gets really upset. It seems the plastic easter eggs I put out there have been a success, along with the wheat bread. Ever since I've been throwing wheat bread to them once every other day (3 days after I started!!) I have been overloaded with eggs! So much so I'm giving them away because we don't have room in the fridge. This goes for the duck eggs too. I must have ducks laying that haven't laid for me before. It's crazy!!

Last edited:
Today we are driving to Alpena (almost 3 hours from Fife Lake) to pick up a 16 foot travel trailer I spotted on Craigs list last fall! It is in good shape minus the refridge and furnace and will make a perfect mobile coop!! We have just been waiting for the snow to melt enough to pull the camper out and get it here. Really hope the wheel bearings and tires do ok on the haul home. Wish us luck!$300!!! I have kept in touch with the seller ALLLLLL winter....now if we go to Florida for a few weeks in winter...I can haul chickens to a friends and not have to sell them. I have great friends but no one wants to manuever our seasonal road in the winter...plus we shut off our water supply. I WISH we could just haul the chicken with us to Florida but don't think hubby will let me.
lol.png
Projects to come: converting trailer into coop, fencing in back yard surrounding coops and compost pile, addition of another small (8x8) coop. Whoohoo...I'm ready for spring and itching to get started. My first hatch due April 1 and I really hope and pray I get at least 1 chick out of the 8 remaining eggs.
Happy Saturday everyone....6 days til April 1
smile.png

This winter is toooooo long.

Right now at 8:25 AM, the air temperature is 1 deg F. My lonely adult Cayuga has been in the basement with the two 3-week old Pekin ducklings for a few days now. They share a 300 gallon stock tank. The funny thing is that when I put the adult Cayuga there, one of the 2.5 week old (at that time) chased the adult around and also tried to protect the other duckling (it was too funy). After a couple days, there has been piece but the ducklings hang out together and the Cayuga stays by herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom