Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
M.sue :

Keep her in a cozy crate if you have one and put it in the garage or a shed, screened porch, someplace quiet & safe. I'd personally do a bathroom because I have two.

I agree.​

Well, I think I know what I am going to be doing in AM when I get home from delivering the GRP...

Thanks everyone for this advice. I hope it works good. I don't know who'd to take her to vet wise here in Holland... Guess I had better do some calling around to find a chicken vet, or become one real quick. Sheesh. I my first girl to lay, and already a problem right after the first egg...

Quote:
Soooooo Blanche, our white maran, has been sitting in the nesting box since I got home from Chicago. I just went to tuck them in and she's still in the nesting box. She's not giving me the stank eye or attacking me when I pet her. Could this chica gone broody on me?

If so....tell those Icelandics to move it along. Momma might need some eggs.
lol.png

Quote:
Might have to wait till March since the breeds aren't seperated yet. I know the Delaware has been sneaking around with one of the Icelandic hens
wink.png

:: sigh :: I know I know.... a girl can hope.
big_smile.png
I was really not expecting a broody so soon. Hopefully she's just kidding.
lol.png

Quote:
Might have to wait till March since the breeds aren't seperated yet. I know the Delaware has been sneaking around with one of the Icelandic hens
wink.png

:: sigh :: I know I know.... a girl can hope.
big_smile.png
I was really not expecting a broody so soon. Hopefully she's just kidding.
lol.png

I have not had a broody yet this year. Last year I had three by this time. I have decided that I have to get an incubator for Christmas
wink.png

Hi Laura! Felix (the roo) is doing great! He has turned into a real charmer. Not real friendly but not aggressive. He only crows in the am. His crowing is funny. He starts out with a stong cock-a-doodle-doo and the ends off sounding like a old sad squeeky toy (eeeowwww......) He is a real Purty boy and much kinder to the girls than his (former best buddy) Stew the RIR rooster.
love.gif
If you know someone that wants a randy RIR .....

Quote:
You might have to look up a vet who specializes in livestock. When making small with our dog's vet he said most generally chicken cases are for vets who specialize in livestock / lrg. breed animals. Go figure, who thought a chicken would be considered a lrg. breed animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom