Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the new pullets home this afternoon about 2:30-ish. They rode home well, no problems.
The Rh. Isl. Reds are alot lighter than my 2 with white all throughout them, really pretty.
The black ones have the copper all thru them as well but their black feathers have that beautiful green irredescence like my Jersey. Also very pretty birds. I am lucky to have them all and will give them a good home.
They are settling in with Poultry Drench and a couple cupe of feed plus some zucchini slices.
The photos I took didn't turn out great so I'll wait till I c an get them in nice sunlight and really show them off.
Thanks so much Troy. Hope your family likes the Rhubabb Jam, Current Sauce and Plum Butter. The sauce is great on ice-cream!!

Quote:
That's good to know. As I've watched this hawk grow over the past couple of summers, I've noticed that he misses way more than he hits. He hasn't quite figured out how to get the sparrows hiding in the arborvitae. He knows they are there but can't penetrate the foliage.

Now that I know he is back, I'll be keeping a closer eye on my chickens.

Look who's been holding out on me. I found Henny Penny's stash today when she wouldn't shut up and I was following her. I have suspected her of doing this already and looked under different trees, but never found anything. I don't normally even see her over there.
81073_dscn0565.jpg

81073_dscn0563.jpg

Last edited:
Ok... I have this mutt.. I actually think she may be an Isa mix... Well any she's about 3 months, usually very perky and curious... This morning I went let all the birds to the yard to enjoy "FREEDOM!!" and she stayed in the enclosure under the coop. I tossed a few peices of bread to her, and she didn't even seem interested. She is standing up, but she's all bunched up... not sitting down, but just bunched up, tail down (it's usually up), and just... standing. She's not coming out, I tried to reach in and get her from under the trees that they hang out in, but she wouldn't let me get her. Now, I did feed them left overs from the fridge last night, lima bean, french cut green beans and some rotisserie (OMG WHAT A SLAUGHTER), and she was fine then... SO, could it be the sudden change in weather? Maybe a bit of indigestion? All the poo in the coop this morning looked normal poo... That was one of the first things I looked at when I noticed her not being social. Non of the other birds are picking on her. Her little group that she hangs with all the time is staying by her except when I got home from work, and came for the afternoon treats... She didn't come at all... SO, she is one of my favs cuz she normally has such spunk and curiousity... No runny nose, or eyes that I can see...

WOW! on the stash!

Last edited:
Quote:
Could she be egg bound? Might want to catch her and feel around gently to see if you feel anything at the vent that's not coming out.

Nice bunch of eggs Hick! They can be so sneaky!

Last edited:
Quote:
No problem, thank you for offering our ladies a good home. I hope they bring you as much enjoyment as they did us. And thank you so much for the goodies. We will put them to good use. i really appreciate you taking on our ladies and I know they are going to a loving home.

Hey I from Barry County and new to the Michigan thread! I have seen a few hawks hanging out in our yard lately, I'm guessing they're watching my chickens, not just enjoying the view
smile.png
they are beautiful birds, but I think for now my girls will have to stay in the coop!!

Quote:
Could she be egg bound? Might want to catch her and feel around gently to see if you feel anything at the vent that's not coming out.

Nice bunch of eggs Hick! They can be so sneaky!

No, she wouldn't be egg bound. She's only just turning 3 months or 12 weeks... That would be super early...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom