Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Good man. couldn't see him soup! i would've had too many wars of my own to contend with, anyway. I really do want more pink eggers though! sounds neat.

Quote:
No, sweet pea wasn't sweet; she's now called goldie. bites. DH won't let me rehome... I just never saw a pic of a large combed orp. hen!

Does it count as groping when you havta do the butt check??? I may be guilty
hide.gif

This is kinda embarassing, but has anyone ever had a roo be TOO friendly??? I got his replacement hens in a rush on account....
ep.gif

Quote:
Good afternoon flatlander!
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

I went to Hillbilly Hen's place this morning to pick up some hatching eggs for the NYH. She have a great setup for her birds! It was very nice to be at her place.
thumbsup.gif

No snow yet.
wee.gif
Any that we had did not last very long.
wee.gif
I am glad for that, for I am not done working on the roof of the coop. I will welcome snow when I am good and ready.
big_smile.png

Farmerboy!!! I know you are rebuilding your flock- and I wanted you to know that I have a cockerel from your bloodline (chickenstock this June) I cant have a rooster. Good fertile boy- all my silkies are sitting on fertile eggs...if you want him, you can have him!!! He is a gorgeous turken..unfortunately, I lost the pullet to a predator- raccoon, I suspect.

Quote:
Opa, I will be looking to get a couple of welsummer pullets if possible. I would love to see a pic of your Salmon Favorolle.

Opa , if you have some Wellsummers I would like a few. I had a young pullet and cockerel but they were never very healthy since I bought them and I ended up losing them. Thank you.

Wow....6 maybe 7 pages.....way too many for me to read after working all day. I did skin over them, everyone's talking chickens. Oh ya this is a chicken forum!! lol

Welcome Flatlander.....this is a busy thread full of great people & advice!!!

Love all the pics of chicks & Roos and the chicken in question looks like a BuFF Orpington to me. My Isa's are definitely brown...different shades but brown.

Nice looking Delawares there, HBH

I have a Barred Rock/EE cockerel mutt that will probably turn into a good looking boy. He just needs to stand still so I can get some pics of him!
lol.png

I remove my roosters from their respective hens and place them in cages as a means of reducing my winter work load and as a method of lessen the possiblity of frostbite. They won't be returned to their flocks until the middle of March. I then wait a month before gathering eggs to hatch. This result in my first chicks not being available until the middle of May. While some may consider it a little late I've found it the best way for me to deal with raising birds in cold weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom