Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'm not sure if Wynette has them or not....think she does.??
I have Black jersey girls from Maria Hall. Very nice. The blacks have not started laying yet plus I no longer have my Jersey roo. The black jersey girls will be bred to my handsome English Black Orpington roo and should make huge babies. I'll be hatching some of those next spring if you want a mixed chick .

Hi Flatlander, welcome to BYC and the Michigan thread
frow.gif

Come on Raz, you know you want to hatch out chicks - you KNOW you want to...
bun.gif

See how cute they are?

83951_chicks_crop_1.jpg

By the way these are the little lav ams just hatched (along with one of the bantam cochins)

I will NOT hatch my own chicks. Heck, I don't even start seeds for my plants.
lau.gif

Besides, I don't have an incubator.

Quote:
got me here. what is an "ams"? I'm thinking about working with lavendar, looking for interesting breeds. Have you known anyone to try lavendar with white/ partially white bird?

Ameraucana, I do believe.
I still don't see the "lavender" part, they look grey to me.
cool.png
But my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

I can say that I got 2 BLA* hens from 1muttsfan and they are wonderful little birds. I love their little green eggs. (So do the girls at school!
big_smile.png
)

*BLA - My abbreviation instead of spelling out bantam lavender Ameraucana.

Last edited:
hmmmm. my favorite kind! Does she sell often? Btw do you guys know if this is an "isa brown"? she was supposed to be buff orpington, but the comb and temperment are all wrong. (the chicks at the feed mill had blue and green dots to seperate kinds, but they were wearing off!) I wanted an orpington to incubate my eggs for me! I still have the bantam cochin, but...

101909_dec_11_066.jpg

she is still laying brown eggs

Last edited:
Quote:
That wasn't so convincing.
lol.png
Think of it. You could throw a Hatch Day party and invite all the lovely ladies. :: nudge :: DEW.IT
big_smile.png

I so want to do the NYH. No!

:: fights urge ::

I soooo don't need anymore girlies.

:: bites nails ::

barnie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom