Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
not a stupid question at all.

I do not know the correct answer- but I can tell you what works here.

The chicken feed with the layer feed is hanging- of course the girls knock food down, so its possible that the chicks eat layer too,,,but I have dishes on the ground with chick starter that the chicks eat out of..the hens do as well, because its easy pickings. I have oyster shell in dishes for the hens that need it, so hopefully that counters whatever needs they have.

All these pics of dogs = / ... my daughter has asked Santa for a puppy for Christmas... I just can't find the right one. I want something lg. enough to protect her, but not eat the cats, rabbits and the CHICKENS!!! so it has to be a young one. We did find a rot pup a while back but that poor thing looked so sick and that pet store made my wife and I mad!!!! for that pup being sick!

Quote:
I'd prefer if you refrained from kissing my nose.
lau.gif

Diana -- Nice dog. I approve of the name.
wink.png

Quote:
don't buy- adopt. So many wait for homes...

Any pup can grow up to love and protect your daughter- (my little Wubbie will tear in to anything when she is protecting the lap she is in
smile.png
) I love how she is afraid of the chickens...hahahaha.
Labs, Golden Retrievers = great dogs for kids. Lovable, loyal, and large enough not to be hurt by a young child if they step on them or fall over them. Generally gentle with kids. A pup that grows up with cats will be fine and not eat them (see above picture, lol).

Good luck- what a fantastic gift for Santa to bring
love.gif

Quote:
I'd prefer if you refrained from kissing my nose.
lau.gif

Diana -- Nice dog. I approve of the name.
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif

I love all the dogs, the broody with adorable chicks. When I was having kids, I was never struck with baby fever. We were pretty logical about when and how many children we would have. But, chicks! That is another story all together. They are so darn cute I want some more but I already have the perfect number of chickens. It's not logical. Why do I have these feelings?!
idunno.gif

I am loving all your pictures of the dogs/puppies. We have a beagle/walker hound mix here named Jr. (8 years old) who would love to eat every bird here. It is really weird though that he doesn't have a problem with the squirrels, chipmunks, and cats.

Here is the good news. We are getting a puppy on saturday! It is a brindle colored cairn terrier/maltese mix female puppy. I can't wait. Our beagle isn't an inside dog, but this one will be. I will try to remember to get pictures when we bring her home.

Mom 2em All

Any pup can grow up to love and protect your daughter- (my little Wubbie will tear in to anything when she is protecting the lap she is in ) I love how she is afraid of the chickens...hahahaha.
Labs, Golden Retrievers = great dogs for kids. Lovable, loyal, and large enough not to be hurt by a young child if they step on them or fall over them. Generally gentle with kids. A pup that grows up with cats will be fine and not eat them (see above picture, lol).

Funny thing bout that Mom is that I just was in craigslist and e-mailed someone bout that very thing = )
great minds think alike but I bet I have cobwebs in mine.​

Quote:

Any pup can grow up to love and protect your daughter- (my little Wubbie will tear in to anything when she is protecting the lap she is in
smile.png
) I love how she is afraid of the chickens...hahahaha.

love.gif

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not buy a dog from a pet store. Those disgusting stores keep the horrific puppy mills spewing out sick puppies from poor mothers who do nothing but give birth in their own feces.
somad.gif
I have several friends who do nothing but rescue dogs from puppy mills and the stories and videos they have shared are beyond belief. As Mom said, rescue a dog from a shelter or rescue group. You can get puppies and younger dogs through those places who can be trained to guard your poultry and your daughter. Give an orphan dog a chance and help close the puppy mills by refusing to buy from pet stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom