Michigan?

Anny

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Detroit Michigan
Any back yard hatcheries in the Michigan area, south west area preferable.

I'd like to eventually add at least 2 more hens to my group I'd love either wyandot, Buff Orpington or an EE

please let me know.

I find a many backyard breeders on www.bestfarmbuys.com . There are also several 4h type swap meets and auctions. I don't know what type of birds are at the local auctions though. The gentleman I got several of my chicks from is way up north, a good five hours.

Townline Hatchery in Zeeland still sells ISA Browns and Cornish X. It is getting late in the season.I work there and it has been the best season ever.
They also sell started pullets of the ISA browns. They are the the best layers of brown eggs that there is. Their phone# 616-772- 6514

Quote:
My feed mill sold chicks in the spring through townline...and I did an additional order by calling them. I had a 100% survival rate on both (with the execption of the neighbors cat). I did end up with one rooster ariconna by mistake but fell in love with him...so it's all good.

Quote:
I just recently heard of the Zeeland hatchery. Next spring I would like to get some girls for eggs, but starting with either eggs or chicks. Can I pick them up at the hatchery since I live in MI, not to far away?

Also, do they have a good variety of breeds??
Thanks!

I ordered from Townline last year and there is no minimum as long as you pick up. Super nice people too. All my chicks were very healthy and I didn't loose any due to illness or stress.

Back
Top Bottom