Micro egg?

Opa

Opa-wan Chickenobi
12 Years
May 11, 2008
Howell Michigan
This is the 2nd time in the last month that I have found one of these little "micro" eggs from my large fowl flock. The first I found outdoors in the run and placed it just outside the run while I filled the feeder and waterer. When I finished I couldn't find the egg in the snow. Today I found this one lying in the floor inside the coop. To bad that currently I don't have a rooster with the hens so the egg isn't fertile. It would have been interesting to have tried to hatch it. It's much smaller than any of my bantam eggs so maybe I would have gotten a micro chicken.

10233_eggs_008.jpg

10233_eggs_007.jpg

Wow, that's a big nickel, Opa! Does MI have it's own currency?

I have found 2 tiny brown eggs in 10 days- and they were both in a pen of DBH, which lay white eggs. When the bums lay, that is.

Any idea who is laying the micro egg?

Last edited:
If it was fertile and had a yolk, I don't think there would be room for a chick to develop anyway. The chick should develop to a size based on the size of its parents, not based on the size of its egg. So it would get cramped, run out of nutrients, and then die, I think.

We get those little micro eggs from time to time but it's usually the first "practice egg" from a girlie who wasn't laying before. Like just recently we got a little tiny turkey egg. Now as far as eggs go it's not really that small, perhaps the size of a banty egg but from a turkey? It's really small for turk egg. I agree that very few of the micro chicken eggs I've harvested have yolks. I'm thinking about blowing my micro turkey egg so I'll find out if it's got a yolk in a day or two when I'm feeling strong enough to blow out an egg.

Quote:
Poke tiny holes in either end and use a needleless syringe- much easier on the ears, lungs, sinuses, etc.

Why Opa, surely you've read of fart eggs before?
I have noticed alot of egg quirks as winter has dragged on. A couple fart eggs, weird shapes, funky yolks, etc.

Quote:
Finally someone calls it what it is.

But you know, micro is a much nicer word. My kids get in trouble if they say the F word. We prefer boof, fluff, etc...

Micro egg,

Boof egg,

Fluff egg.

yup Micro egg is best..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom