Microwaving Eggs Question

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Pinky, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Can you microwave an egg? It might sound silly but i'd like to know before making a possible mess in the microwave.

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    You mean in the shell? I've never tried that and not sure I want to. I've scrambled them in a bowl and microwaved them that way plenty of times though.

3. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Yeah I was wondering about without the shell. I didn't know I could cook it like that, but do I have to add anything to it?

4. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I have added a little bacon grease from the fridge, heated it a bit then add in the scrambled egg. I mix it up about every 45 sec to 1 min. You'll have to adjust to your own likes. My son uses a little olive oil to coat the bowel and when the egg is almost cooked he will add a little cheese.

5. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    We have a little glazed ceramic microwave egg cooker that we bought from a pottery shop. It is a small, one egg bowl with a vented lid. You add a tablespoon of water, crack an egg into it, and microwave for a for minute and a half (or something like that). It works pretty well. I don't see any reason that you can't use a small, microwave safe bowl with a loose fitting lid.

Ours is something like this:

[​IMG]

6. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Microwaving eggs was one of the first things my mom taught me how to do. I didn't believe her until she showed me. Just place and egg and a tablespoon of water into a microwave safe bowl. Beat with a fork and cook for about a minute (depending on size). It will look like an omelet but just break it up with a fork and season to taste. Yummmy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by